2 vs 4 Stroke

fastkid

I didn't compare the two. I was telling the guy that the 4mm that is making 200hp is a turbo... Guess it's only really fair to compare old gp motorcycles since they are the top tier of two strokes not banshees unfortunately. Wish we could get our hands on the old v4 500 that was making 200hp at the wheels. Not sure if the pro stock numbers are crank or the wheels.

These debates get brought up time and time again. It's always comparing a 30 year old Banshee/RZ platform against this years latest proto type/ race production stuff. You want a comparison, put an 80's four stroke 350 road bike against an RZ 350. Stock to stock.

• Like 1

Billet crank and cases with aftermarket cylinders designed and cast within the last 10 years is 30 year old tech? just pot stirring here. I think costs to produce above mentioned power per cc ratios should be brought into this topic. also what about longevity. lets compare apples to apples here

I have heard the same conversation about the 10mil turbo but in the same breath was told that the 4mil crank yielded more reliable results and longevity.

shut up you! I finally got the balls to start doing a 10 mil. Don't make me puss out and start selling shit off and just do a huge bore 4mil motor.

Billet crank and cases with aftermarket cylinders designed and cast within the last 10 years is 30 year old tech? just pot stirring here. I think costs to produce above mentioned power per cc ratios should be brought into this topic. also what about longevity. lets compare apples to apples here

This was the post I wanted to quote.

See above post ^^