Shipping a complete Banshee engine

So I have searched a bit and need some advice on shipping my engine .I have read totes , rubbermaid containers ect.. but am looking for the best way to ship it .Has anyone used a cooler to put them in seems like somebody told me that works well but I'm a little nervous sending it like that any suggestions , pics , dimensions of containers or what you used is appreciated .

Make sure you support the bottom. Just had a motor shipped to me 2 weeks ago, no plywood on the bottom, damaged the oil frail bolt and cracked the case at one of the front lower studs that hold cases @ crank. Bent stud and cracked case. Got motor and half the bottom of the tote was missing! Fucking ups slamming it around cause they don't want to lift and set it down, they drop it!!null_zps4ece954d.jpgnull_zps3ab7d7c1.jpg

I actually bought an action packer 24 gal size and a 4' x 8' sheet of that 1" insulation board lined the bottom of the action packer with it , put the engine in 2 contractor bags ,used some expanding foam in separate bags around the engine itself , packing peanuts , tied some small rope around the a/p lid tightly and then lined a large cardboard box with the 1" insulation board on all sides then top and bottom and filled the rest with packing peanuts around the engine that is inside the action packer inside the box .I sure hope it makes it there safely .Thanks for the help and I can't wait to get this thing back and running again .

• 5 months later...