A lot of lag in the begging of gears

b.rich108

I had a very similar problem. Its not gettin enough gas at low speeds; or about the first 1/8 to 1/4 throttle. How many turns out is the air/fuel screw? Turning it out too far will lean your air/fuel mixture causing the bike stall (due to lack off fuel) out the hole and up through about the 1st 1/4 of the throttle.

I have a good amount of mods done to mine, but nothing insane and i still run stock carbs with 330mains. when i first got mine the air screw on the tors was open more on the left then the right and the dude kinda said it was having the same problem you are having. Regardless, first thing i did when i got the bike was rip the carbs right out and fuel tank. Cleaned the piss out of them. Made sure the needle height on both carbs lifted up and could see both notches in the peak hole. Read up on syncing carbs. Will walk you right through it or just watch youtube video on it. I turned the air screw all the way in and started to back the screws out till each carb just barley started to lift at the same time. then you turn them a full turn and get your idle set. Make sure you are turning them both the same amount to get them perfecto. You can do a compression test just to see if it was rebuilt and where its at so you know how long you have till you seriously have to build it. Once my hit about 115 I ripped it apart and got some porting done since I was doing it anyway. But do what i said and see what happens. Basics my man. pm me and i can walk you through some things on the phone.

haha BEGINING**  But today I got home from work and my brother tells me he took the bike out in the snow and rode for about 15 min and it shut off and wouldn't start.  He said he got someone to tow him home and he tried to bump start it and the tires just locked up.  He got it back in neutral and is now sitting in the shed.  It will kick over but no start.  Sounds to me like the trans went?  I will find out for sure when I pull the clutch cover off I guess

I didn't think you would be able to kick it over if it was seized?

No you wouldn't be able to kick it over if the engine was seized. Although it is possible to seize an engine then free it up if it wasnt too badly seized( if there is such a thing as not too badly seized lol) but the damage is pretty much done regardless. It is possible pull starting it broke the seized piston/pistons loose then it would kistart but probably has little to no compression now if this was the case. i would check compression to rule this out. So from what you posted, while in gear the wheels wont turn the engine over but will kickstart while not in gear? Does sound like a transmission issue. will the bike roll while in neutral, this would rule out seized bearings in the rear carrier/axle. Something may have came loose and got in the transmission gears locking them up such as the clutch adjustment bolt or the kick-start idler gear C-clip.