Rite side smoking white and running bad.

Piediddy

So I bought this banshee from a buddy and it sat for bout 2 years. I cleaned carbs and got it running. Will never start cold on its own without a shot of starting fluid, and after bike runs for about 10 minutes it starts cutting out bad. While testing coil the rite side started smoking white bad. I thought while it was sitting still it over heated and blew the head gasket. So I replaced head gasket and no luck. Anybody have any idea.

pull the motor and get yourself a clymers manual.  Then order yourself new gaskets and an entire seal kit.  When you get your motor disassembled and your crank is out......send it out to one of our builders to check it out and weld it.  This will ensure it will not begin to separate as they are only pressed together.  Then clean the entire motor and take your time and go through the entire motor, taking your time to reassemble it all. 

These are 2 stroke motors.  The cases split top and bottom, not sides.  which makes it EXTREMELY easy.  Hell I know people who have taken the motor apart while at a campsite because it had an issue and fully reassembled it and got back on the trails THAT DAY.

But again....take your time.....remember.....if something goes wrong internally at 9000 rpm......it usually isn't a good outcome....

If you are going to pull the motor (what you should be doing seeing as it is sucking in trans oil) do yourself a favor and buy ALL NEW gaskets and SEALS. Then before reinstalling the engine into the frame - leakdown it for peace of mind and for the sake of your wallet incase you missed something. Good luck!