New Guy. Former Banshee Hater. lol.

Blown 331

I dont plan on doing either of those with it. I have my kid today so I didn't have much time to mess with it but I did look at the spark plugs. They were both very black. It had a 168RD main jet. I replaced it with a Keihin 165 and it was much better! I didnt have time to do a proper plug chop but I think its close. Ill leave the timing where it is. Thanks.

If you can find some 4 snow's or pro wedges local, try them out for a few minutes. It will hook harder than you can imagine on dirt/grass. You can keep your current rear set up for when you want to trail ride or slide the rear end around.

You already have a great engine. Just make sure jetting is good. If i can recommend any mods, it would only be wider a-arms with better shocks all around.

Thanks for the tire tip. I had to do a search just to know what you were talking about. Lol. Ive seen em around but never knew anything about them, never knew anyone who had em. Ill look into them. Ive got really nice holeshots but can roost the hell out of them.

The bike already does have wide highflight A-arms, Id like to at least try some better front shocks, pretty pricey. Theres some real cheapies on ebay but I read on here they sucked.

pro wedge 2's are discontinued. the 4 snows arent. They are very light and hook hard in grass/dirt. They grow 2-3 inches depending on mph to it stretches your gearing out in a sense. I love them. However, im taking mine off as well as my override. Going strait up play bike. drag racing gets old.

atvgalaxy(forum sponsor) has elka stage 3's for about $1400 front and rear together. Something to think about.

But just enjoy your bike. Once the mod bug bites, there is no end.

$1400 is a bit more than I would spend on shocks, alright a lot more than I would spend.  I'd rather just buy a 2nd Banshee. lol.  I'm definitely enjoying.  I'm trying to avoid the mod bug.  lol.  I'm happy with the way it runs, I'm mainly just doing appearance like the fenders, decals etc.  I'm thinking about hand guards. 

Scuba.  Are you saying your biked bogged at WOT with race gas and just going to a mix of race and pump fixed it?  How would that even be possible or am I misunderstanding?

I know there are a lot of variables here but just out of curiosity what main jet are you running?  I am in IL also. 

• 3 weeks later...

Few updates here.  I got some front fenders for it but now a 2nd Banshee followed me home. lol.  Its a 1990 J-arm.  Its been painted around on so that kind of sucks.  But It has stock pipes which is kind of surprising to me for a 1990,  It has a Stage 4 2 into 1 with a flat PJ (I know no one likes that) and twist throttle.  Still has the parking brake too.  The seat is torn but my first Banshee came with a brand new cover, perfect!  The guy said the carb needed cleaned, it wouldn't really run.  The carb was spotless.  The problem was whatever was in the tank was not flamable.  Almost seemed like a mix of water and diesel and maybe some blue food coloring so it looked like premix. lol.  After that I took it down the road and it ran great!  I was pretty surprised by the power compared to what I remembered stock Banshees running like as well.  Only paid $750 for that one!  Most basket cases more than that! 

20140112_151240_zpslbgi4dak.jpg

20140113_184942_zpsae7ezycl.jpg

20140113_200640_zpszx1gf8lk.jpg

Ha. Thanks!  My dad originally had 4 1966 Fairlane 2 door hard tops.  He gave me this one so that leaves him with 3.  This one is all original except the exhaust, and the wheels.  I do have the original wheels and hub caps.  He bought it in 1973 but then it sat (in doors) from 1976 to 2006 when I put it back on the road.  Its in amazing original condition no rust, nice interior etc.