Paul Turner Mids

Stuff

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said blue duece.

the turner mids are great if you dont have porting done. if you do the hi-rev is good, i dont know what tats standings are (maybe he'll post them)....but anyone telling you a Turner mids not a great pipe is high.......go to the track and tell us what you see banshee's running it will be pro circuits and turner mids...no fmf's and no toomeys...at least on the socal tracks......

who the hell is tats4life ?? :blink:

Id like a set of chrome hi-revs for my Rz-shee project. There's another advantage for the Paul Turners, they're the best pipe to use with Rz engines, they clear the powervalve bulge on the left cylinder. :ph34r:

O.k guys here's a question for you ? I just bought a set of Chrome PTR High-Rev pipes (the new design High-Rev's for 2003) and the Fat boy 2 silencers and just got them today . Before my engine port work i had the PTR mid range pipes and they worked really well with the stock set up and then went with some really crazy port work and had CPI infrmaes and changed back to PTR High-revs. But my question is that if you think about it the price you pay for these pipes you would think they would make the better . I have a friend that just bought a set of Chrome PTR mids about a month before me and he jetted the carbs and left the jetting alittle on the fat side and everything and wouldn't you believe the pipes turned blue and now hes really upset because he said the pipes are really awsome throught out the entire powerband . But he said that the should atlease coat the pipes to keep them from bluing or something for the price of the pipes . So what do you guys think ? Can you also please post some pics of your PTR pipes & silencers so that i can show my friend so that hes not worring anymore about his pipes

Thanks

To clarify what I said. I said you don't get the full potential of the ptr pipes on unported cylinders. I have set up a bunch of my buddies with the duncan bolt on kits. They consist of 34pj's, pyramid reeds, ducnan intake, ptr mids or highs, duncans powerhead with 20cc domes. In my opinion the best mx pipe for a shee is ptr's. The best drag pipe....... I don't know because I just built my drag shee last winter and the only thing I've run on it is Pro Circuits and PTR High Revs. I run the pc's in dirt drag's and ptrs on asphault. My old mx shee was making right at 89hp. All my buddies with no port work but the bolt on kits are making 47 with mids and 52 with high rev's. But everybodys shee with a bolt on kit was dyno tuned.

Duece there are a few guys that run toomey pipes (maybe 3) and pc's (about 7 or 8)but they didn't pay for them.

I love ptr pipes but 730 for chrome is just damn high. I do plan on running them on my outlaw shee when its done. Loren has my cylinders right now.

Didn't mean to make anybody mad or offened anyone with my comments, kid just took it the wrong way.

Tats, have you tried dynoing the stock ports w/ just the stock carbs??? I tried the prodesign intake and 34's also w/ my Pt mids and lost 8hp and 1000rpms. I'm pulling 53hp on my local dyno which could be different, but my concern is my shee doesn't like larger carbs, even ported stock carbs. I like the Pt pipes, but haven't had any other luck that Loran has suggested....

We tried dynoing like you did and lost power but we were using stock reed cages with carbon fiber reeds. Then we put on the pyramid reeds and that brought it back to life. Do you have a buddy that could loan you a different set of reeds, I've also seen guys running the delta 2's and they say the love. I always ran pyramid and I've never tried anything else.

Meat....I might have a set of high rev's for sale,(thinkin about an out of frame pipe) but there powder coated black.

im with banchetta every shee ive ever rode or raced with larger carbs and no port work to swallow the extra fuel, was boggy down low and never really got out of its own way, i have a pal who went with larger carbs then proceeded to start jetting it back so far trying to get the snap back in his power band that his stock carbs were passing more fuel and air, and he fiddled with it a plenty, i told him whats the point in going with the larger carb just to pinch it off so tight, and still not gain anything....

I tried ported stock reed cages and ported stock carbs. Still no gain, lost 2hp. The ported cages did nothing..But I had the stock cages in when I had the 34's w/ the PD intake.....Damn!!! I wish I would have tried different cages then......How much gain did you get w/ the 34's over the stock?? Did you lose any down low?? Or gain??