Wang crank woes

Glamis321

I bought a 10mm serval motor off a member here, that was built by a site sponsor. I pulled the cylinders off today and its a wang crank with the 29 L\R rods... I've seen all the carnage threads on here with those things, so I'm not really keen to run it like that. Would you run it in a duner bike? Assuming the answer is no, who can I get a legit crank from?

I wouldnt run those rods at all period. Many have ran them and been fine, especially in the under 100hp range but it is still a gamble. Many builders and even some site sponsors were selling them. You could probably get that crank redone with some different rods or just get a new crank for $600-1300 depending on going forged or billet.

Tony just tokd me himself last week that his lesser expensive ($425) crank has the same rods as the wang cranks and in a cub they would have a limited life. He recommended his good crank with good rods and all for $800. At least he was honest and he has a good crank available. Very good guy and I will probably buy more from them in the future.

the forged "better" 10mill crank tdr sells is the one i have been running for years.  its a beast..  DONT skimp on a 10 mill.  those cheaper cranks are for price point ONLY  not quality  hard for a shop to compete with a cheap ass price from using sub par parts and "kits" for dirt cheap..  BUT i have seen a bunch of billets snap in half also.  my preference is the forged/ hot rods rods setup.  built well and trued well it will run a long time..  ( as long as your tune is good)   i would even just buy an older 10 mill and rebuild it before one of those cheapo cranks.... 

just my opinion based on my personal experience