Cooling system frustration

Wakendune

You need to get an oring kit from trinity because I don't think the cool head o ring kits work on theirs. Their domes go over / around the studs. If the head has been on there that long it could happen to have the regular o rings. I would probably pop the head off first and see.

That it one OLD ASS Trinity head. Pre-Oring. That model uses a head gasket. The newer stuff has O-rings at the dome bases as well as the outer water jacket. Those domes are a total joke. Pure marketing ploy.

Clean that thing up and pass it on to some eBay fool. Then get a new head and dome combo and you'll be on the right track.  :clap: 

Well it's entirely possible that he's right. It's possible that the carbs were gummed up and your motor went lean on one or both cylinders. That will cause detonation and detonation can blow your head gasket.

I would still ditch that head and dome combo. Those "Turbo groves" in the dome don't cause a power increasing swirl….they just become thin heat sinks that hold heat and aid in detonation. (Jetting the motor really rich fights that….but also scrubs about 10HP)

If you wanna get a new head and domes in a 19cc size and check your compression, I'm sure you'll be on the right track. But keep in mind….any time an issue comes up that causes the motor to stop working properly…..you gotta verify EVERYTHING before you go WOT again.

Go thru the carbs and make sure ALL the fuel circuits are clear, check that the flywheel didn't move on the crank, fresh plugs, verify what your timing is set at, if it's higher than +4…Know what that means, etc….

Your the new owner and pilot of this toy. Think of it like a wild tiger…..Know what to feed it and what it needs because if it's unhappy….your the one getting bit. (In the wallet)  ;)

Still not convinced that it was a head gasket in the first place but at least I'll be able to be 100% sure from here on out. I'm sure I will have plenty more dumb questions down the road. Have a 5 day trip planned. Hopefully there's enough time to get everything back together the right way. Won't rush it, there will be plenty of toys available. I will report back after New Years.