Cooling system frustration

Wakendune

Ok, so head and domes. Cool head ok? That's whAt some friends run and seem to have good luck with. Not sure about the internals nor do I really care to tear it down to find out what it has. The guy I bought it from is not the do it yourself type. More of the he can afford to have someone else work on it type. Will not knowing what it has for piston/rod/crank be a problem when trying to match up a new head and domes?

Ok, so head and domes. Cool head ok? That's whAt some friends run and seem to have good luck with. Not sure about the internals nor do I really care to tear it down to find out what it has. The guy I bought it from is not the do it yourself type. More of the he can afford to have someone else work on it type. Will not knowing what it has for piston/rod/crank be a problem when trying to match up a new head and domes?

Do you have their head or is it a stock modified one. A turbo head is what trinity calls it when a stock head is milled down and grooves in the domes. If its a stock head keep it. If its an aftermarket one just replace the o rings. You could go 23s and run pump gas.

You can go with Cool Head, NOSS, Chariot…. (Use site sponsors NOT Ebay….it's worth having a company who you can count on for help and advice.)

Just about any of the aftermarket Banshee heads will be fine. I'm fairly certain that your motor is a zero deck set-up, so you can take advice as to the dome size for the fuel you would like to use. (It would be best to do a squish check, but I'm not sure what your pay grade is on that.) But it's a process you can search for here and learn to do.

Keep your timing down around +4 for now and don't trust the last guys jetting. Make some runs and do plug checks as you go to be sure your jetting is rich enough to prevent it burning down. 

You won't be riding tomorrow….but when you do, it's more likely to not end in disappointment.

Looked ok. There are some spots that could have been leaking on the front of the left cyl. I seem to have a tough time adding pictures on another forum I'm on but let me see what I can do. I take back the one piece part. They are pressed In there. I was under the impression that they were somewhat loose in the head.