Mocking my own Banshee OOF pipes

Same principal as my tri z post but for my banshee. They will be one out each side. I have been wanting to do these for a while. Now that I have a good model, I think i will invest in some sheet metal and give this a real try! What do yall think?

20131210_134227.jpg

20131210_134533.jpg

20131210_134619.jpg

20131210_134551.jpg

software for the layout, a program called "cone" for the templates and with a little math from Gordon Blair's book on 2 strokes and expansion chambers I tweek what the software gives me as a result and then i build my template. guessing might make things look good but there will be no initial performance gain

Thanks to all who've stopped in to check em out! Im excited I got some quotes on some rolled cones since I do not currently have the equipment, the prices are defenitly good so I placed the order and will hopefully be fabbing up some steel versions of these here in the next two or three weeks! I cant wait

they look ok to me.  but untill they are built  and running wont know for sure..

the smaller slip rolls are only around 200 bucks... that and a decent electric shear and your ready to go.  i have been using 20 ga and 22 ga.  still trying to get the welding part to look like i want  but i think i figured that out now..  now to just get the dual o-ring flanges done....  

I've thought about those cam. If these turn out well enough and dyno results turn out nicely then I juuusssst may invest in those tools and make a few more :). Like I said, I'm excited, I've wanted to do this for a while and this is the closest I've been

I couldnt wait lol I bought a small slip roll today. I am planning on also trying to build a tuned drag pipe for possibly a trx450 or yfz450. We will see lol I just want to play with my pipe designs and see if I can actually roll cones. It will be something that peaks my interest and I will have fun doing it.

its fun and very aggravating at the same time.  the biggest problems i encounter'd is no~one will help you out really  and EVERYONE will say your stupid to even try.  as if every person that builds pipes was born with the knowledge....  wtf ever

i actually have 12 sets of 3-4 designs plas'd out in a box.  just no time or real motivation to get them done.   the cr pipe that the program you used ( i'm thinking is the same as the one i am using) actually worked much better than the "pro built pipe"  i took off..  i would like to build 3 more with different rpm, hp goals.   i want to build a long cone for setting up the pieces to be welded.  there are a few videos online you can find that show the assembly process in a real fab/ pipe shop.  one that still uses hand coned sections.  its pretty neat process to watch  assembly line style.. 

the most interesting thing that i found doing research was even blair when HE was building pipes tweaked on them here and there to get them to work  so even his math was off to an extent.  now with computers and real time pipe estimates, real dynamics built in and pipe temp expectancy's i think things are a little better.  BUT  its going to be VERY hard, next to impossible to beat the best drag pipes out there right now.  as most have a lot of long hours on a dyno to get them set just right...  now that being said  weird stuff like my trike  and a funky motor combo that i am going to be doing soon might just benifit from some custom pipes.