nitro methane

jayhawkatv

I was of the same mindset years ago. always thought i needed more power. tried nitro at 20% in my short time using it it cost me 1 topend. but it can get bad fast. a nitro engine needs an air shutoff. i had a slide stick wide open and was unable to kill the motor. I assume the plug strap was acting as a glow plug cause i had the plug wires removed and it was still going. Had to turn off the fuel and wait it out as i couldnt get the filter off. luckily i had felt something was odd and got it to n in time. imagine this happening at speed in a limited space. im positive the op is all talk. but for anyone else wanting to try this look heavily into fuel and air shutoff systems. btw with chassis and tire changes i went faster than with fuel.

It probably a good thing for everyone to realize that an alky motor will "runaway" also. People need to know what to do, and be prepared to do them in the event of a runaway to help save their bike, and possible themselves in an event that it happens!

Those are the 2 ways I know. People need to realize that when a lean run away happens it is very lean and the bike is producing VERY little hp. Press the brake, click it in gear let out the clutch. A situation of a stuck slide is similar in the fact that the bike isn't making a pile of hp and generally the same technique will kill it. But also remember, no motor is worth your life! If that bitch sticks wide open and you running out of room, pull the clutch and let it sing. Parts are easily replaced!

• Like 1

Most dont think about safety until they have had a near miss. i know that now i look at it differently. As a hill racer i never run all the way to the top anymore. i pick a point that gives me room to get out of a situation if one comes up. Also as bad as it sounds im mentally prepped to abandon ship if need be. lastly minor things like front brakes are being installed on bigger builds. sorry to sidetrack about safety but its very important to me. Question to the op, is the reason for nitro just the challenge of running it or are you trying to get competative

All I know to do is smother the carbs or pop it in gear. That's why I never start mine without a chain. Is there anything else you can do?

Hold the throttle WOT and pull the kill switch for an alky run away. As far as nitro, I don't know.

• Like 1

the propane injection setup is more suited for mountain sleds where you are on and off the throttle often. keeping that turbo spooling is harder to do when going from WOT to idle and back to WOT. powering an engine with propane is entirely different. i know a local guy running a 502 in a lifted jeep that is fed propane. local cops caught wind of it quick though and he doesnt drive it down mainstreet much anymore lol

the propane injection setup is more suited for mountain sleds where you are on and off the throttle often. keeping that turbo spooling is harder to do when going from WOT to idle and back to WOT. powering an engine with propane is entirely different. i know a local guy running a 502 in a lifted jeep that is fed propane. local cops caught wind of it quick though and he doesnt drive it down mainstreet much anymore lol

<br /><br />IT WON'T WORK ON A SNOWMOBILE. THEY RUN ON GAS AND MOST DON'T HAVE A TURBO.

propane has been legal in cars for years. not sure what your last comment was about.