piston ring end gap question

killer454

its like running a 2 stroke weed whip.......ever notice that when they start to run the gas tank empty they seem to rev harder and run like a raped ape?  Its a 2 stroke death run...... They WILL infact run better, run faster, run stronger, when they are under jetted.  Question you gotta ask yourself......"do I want this thing to run hard and have a reliable bike.....or do I want to run it past the ragged edge and be stuck 10 miles from home with a boat anchor that is gonna cost AT MINIMUM $300 evertime I run it...."

That my good buddy is the determining factor.  We are all trying to steer you to having a bike that will put a smile on your face......not a bike that will frustrate you time and time again that will cause you to start bashing our beloved machines.

Welcome to HQ newbee.

YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO THESE MEMBERS :)

Sounds like your extremely excited about your new toy. Now take a deep breath and slow down.

Follow there advice and do the leakdown test. If you need help just ask.

Troy

hey guys I value all your guidance on this atv rebuild,i don't have a leakdown tester and this atv is running great it is not lean at all.

their are no symptoms telling me to do a leakdown test on this machine at all.

the guy that bored my cylinders builds big bore and stroked banshees and I talked to him about it and he says theres no reason for it if its running perfect,he went over everything on the phone with me, and he does not see no reason to do it.i had to call him back 8 times after checking things on this atv and letting him know what I got

he told me if I wanted to do the test he would test it for me, but you will always have a symptom to make you get the tester out after going over carbs jetting ect

im not ignoring anybodys advice on this atv-if it blows up next week I will say dame wish I would have done that--- now I can go bigger and rebuild the whole dame engine from bottom to top.

if I start seeing problems in how it is running I will take it to him for sure for the leakdown test

I joined this forum because I have never had a banshee before but I do know some things about 2-strokes after reading some of the replays- you guys make a new member feel like crap for not doing what you say.when I read the post that I ignored the 2 previous posts saying to do the test-that blew my mind made me feel like I don't belong in this forum and I was excited to joine this forum and start reading up on this atv.

thanks everybody for the advice

killer454

Im not bashing you in any way shape or form......just letting you know....that if your skin isn't thick enough to handle the comment about the 2 post later thing........you may want to just run right now.  haha.  Yes, this forum knows the ins and outs of these bikes.......however we are not the nicest people around.  Most of the time we are just poking fun at each other.  Sometimes you may see us as giving you shit completely.....but we are trying to help you and having some fun.

But about this guy that builds "big bore" banshee's.........NO OFFENSE TO HIM....but we don't know who he is unless you tell us.  You can tell us up and down that he knows his stuff......but does he?  Ever heard of TRINITY?  Everyone that does not have a banshee believes that Trinity knows everything and that their shit doesn't stink........reality?  They build banshee cylinders and heads SO FUCKED UP....that the motor will literally rattle itself to death.  AND after this site and our sponsors found the problems...and came up with the solutions, AND informed Trinity....what'd they do? Kept producing motors that blow themselves up.......This is why you shouldn't really trust too many with these bikes......hell just listen to the stories of guys on here taking their bikes to the dealer and the shit that the mechanics did to them. 

At least let us know who your "guy" is.....at least if they're anything with a banshee we will have heard of them.....

Thick skin isn't the word Jereme, :whistling:

To 454, You can lead a horse to water, but

:Clue:

Wish I had the coin to say FUCK IT, ride the piss out of it, if it blows I,ll go bigger..

But what do you do when bigger blows up? Small leaks tend to get bigger, some times very rapidly..

Please be sure to post pics of the carnage, if it blows

Peace of mind is priceless

JMHO, your results may, and will vary :)