adjustable timing plate?

Do you guys think advancing my timing 4 degrees would be worth the effort with the little bit of mods I currently have : bored .30 over, cool heads, oversized rad, 30mm carbs, "trail porting" , VF3 reeds, FMF pipes and silencers. Plus I think it's got a hotrod crank and weiscos(not that they do anything for power).. I ride mostly trails that are hill climbs and small straight stretches. Which to me, a little more low end sounds good. Just curious of your guys thoughts, sry to thread jack OP.

What domes are in the cool head? If it's running good with no detonation you can more then likely benefit a little timing. Edited by trickedcarbine

get rid of the +12 timing. no more than +4 needed. for the guy who trail rides on tight trails, where he/she can't get over 4th gear, than i would recommend the +4 timing for that, as it really helps the low-mid, but if you are able to be full out in 5th and 6th gear, than leave the timing stock, as your top end will be what its suppose to be. my $.02.

This is what gets me thinking I shouldnt bother with advancing timing.

I ride trails but a 50/50 of tight and wide trails and big open straighs, theres a alot of times where I am up in 5th and 6th and a lot of times where im in 2nd 3rd and 4th.

Every time I search up timing plate for banshees and see discussions, I always see people saying you lose top end and gain low end.

... The reason im worried about doing this mod or any mod is cause if the engine does fuck up, it is pretty expensive here to get an engine rebuilt.

I run +4. You won't have a problem there at all . I ran that on my first banshee too. I also have T 5's and a cool head with 20cc doms. No problems it's safe to run pump or race gas with this setup! I am adding 28 pwk's this week too. You will love it for an all around greasy dune bike!