Ported 450r very very close to beating me!

BAMF87

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your absolutely killing the tires on top end get tires...if your spinning and once your moving its hooking fine then gear and pipes...i picked up almost a 1/2 second on a ported 350 by swapping to cpi's from t5's at the track with a trail bike...if the added power makes you spin alot more then gear it higher

i ran a 13/40 on my 4mill trail shee and launched in 3rd in loose sand with knobbys all it did was spin ...put a 16 tooth on the front launch in 1st and it spins about 3 feet and hooks great plus im not shifting as much in the same distance...if it ever gets a condition were its super dry and spins bad agin ill skoot my ass up to get weight off the tires and come out in 2nd with the same gear..

its always worked for me but might not for others

I just snagged some 21-12x8 sand hauler 8 cup paddle on Craig's list that have been to the dunes once for 70$ so I'll run these until I can afford skat track haulers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

much better tire than what you were using. my brother inlaw uses the same tire.

a satchel full of clues wouldnt help...............

satchel....lol

yea man I have almost always launch in 1st gear so I normally gear as high as I can...

I run a 16/ 40 41 42 most of the time with 20 inch tires if I run 22 inch tires I swap to a 15

if you have one of the older banshees with the 4bolt sprocket hub then run 15/38 instead of 16/41

I was always told that 3 teeth on the rear sprocket was really close to 1 tooth in front....down sizes in back goes up in front size

Edited by quadgod211

Yes it has a dent, I know what needs to be done just don't have the money yet

Skeeter I dont know you but you can kiss my ass... I'm just here trying to get info isn't that what forums are for? If you don't have positive info why post?

For everyone else that helped thanks.

Edited by BAMF87

Camatv my stuff is not junk I worked my butt off tearing an old 97 down to the frame to rebuild and powdercoat and do suspension stuff so I waited on the motor pipes and tires. They are next on the list. I actually messaged you not long ago about porting...... But never got a reply I guess you were busy, soooo I used someone that gave me info. Not your fault but I needed it don't at that time