Transmission leaking

Jrod324

K guys i finally had time to take my bike apart and found where the bike was leaking from now my question is in this picture is the bike suppose to be dripping fluid in there or is it a seal of some sort (because the idiot that worked on my bike put a piece of cardboard as a gasket and maybe thats why it was leaking....?) please give me your opinions thanks

image_zps96452d5c.jpg

There's not supposed to be a gasket between the cover you took off and the clutch cover. There shouldn't be any oil in that area. There should be a hose on that brass spout that you see in the pic. It should go through the hole in the clutch cover, up by the waterpump and then tee with the vent hose from the back, top of the cases. The tee should be somewhere above the carbs. Then the hose should go up to the steering stem hoop and loop back down a little ways.

However... That brass vent that you are looking at is not needed. You can cap it off with a piece of hose, a ball bearing and a couple zip ties. The prefered way to block it off is with the $10 ebay billet block off plate. That does mean removing the clutch cover and pounding out that brass vent piece.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Banshee-Clutch-Cover-Vent-Block-off-Plate-/110747369144?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c90ebeb8&vxp=mtr

vent should have a line that comes off it and connects to the one off the back of the motor. but you can also just plug it.

There's not supposed to be a gasket between the cover you took off and the clutch cover. There shouldn't be any oil in that area. There should be a hose on that brass spout that you see in the pic. It should go through the hole in the clutch cover, up by the waterpump and then tee with the vent hose from the back, top of the cases. The tee should be somewhere above the carbs. Then the hose should go up to the steering stem hoop and loop back down a little ways.

However... That brass vent that you are looking at is not needed. You can cap it off with a piece of hose, a ball bearing and a couple zip ties. The prefered way to block it off is with the $10 ebay billet block off plate. That does mean removing the clutch cover and pounding out that brass vent piece.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Banshee-Clutch-Cover-Vent-Block-off-Plate-/110747369144?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c90ebeb8&vxp=mtr

K so i dont need that hose and can block it off with that billet plate? Or i need to get that hose again and install it? I have the manual so ill look at where it goes if i need it.... And as for a gasket theres not suppose to be one in there you say? Because last week when i rode and it got hot thats where it started to leak from and i thot it was from a worn gasket

On a stocker it gets routed up and around between the carbs and t's with the line that comes from the back of the motor by the rear mount. Then they both go up to the handle bars next to the throttle cable. That's gonna puke fluid out the way it is now. It needs to be up above the fluid level if nothing else.