Anyone running a diablo tune on late model GM trucks?

CAJUN BANSHEE

I have the diablo on my 07 LBZ. Its a decent out of the box , less expensive tuner. Not saying the others wont make more power but for the mass market and to add hp , fuel economy they are ok. The tests I had read back a few years ago in diesel magazines said to definately NOT tow on any of the higher tunes due to egts getting very hot. I never tow on anything over the tow/haul mode which I think is only +35 hp. Some of the others for my LBZ like superchips , hypertech are supposedly safe to tow in any mode. Even +100hp. Jeff at FAST racing sells tuners if you havent ordered yet and can hekp guide you.

Wow didn't know Jeff sold them. But I bought the Diablo Intune and like it, although I only set it at the 87 tune so far. Mostly to turn off afm and get better drivabilaty. The afm dead spot sucks, but once I get a few more mods and learn more about it I will get the custom tune from Lew. Thanks for the info btw, just a few days too late, I don't mind at all giving Jeff my wallet lol.

Find a good tuner(there's a couple good one's in Baton Rouge that tunes GM/Chevy. Ask them what they prefer. Then go get a dyno tune and hand held from the shop. You will gain more power, better drive ability and get more for your money with a proper dyno tune.

I'm not sure which part of LA you are in. You may think it's too far for your to drive. But never ever be afraid to drive for a good tune. That's your motor and trans you talking about. I lost a motor and trans(motor wasnt tune related), it sucks.

Also if you want to mess with your shift points that much, maybe a t56 swap is in your future.

• 2 weeks later...

Find a good tuner(there's a couple good one's in Baton Rouge that tunes GM/Chevy. Ask them what they prefer. Then go get a dyno tune and hand held from the shop. You will gain more power, better drive ability and get more for your money with a proper dyno tune.

I'm not sure which part of LA you are in. You may think it's too far for your to drive. But never ever be afraid to drive for a good tune. That's your motor and trans you talking about. I lost a motor and trans(motor wasnt tune related), it sucks.

Also if you want to mess with your shift points that much, maybe a t56 swap is in your future.

Thanks Ragun, but I pulled the trigger on the Diablo and I love it. I'm here round Iowa, so baton rouge isn't far at all. Do you have any recommendations who deal Diablo and can do the custom tune?

• 3 months later...

Ive got a Diablo Intune, ran it on my 6.0 vortec. It made a decent difference, has quite a bit of adjustability, can adjust the ECM and TCM with it, lower torque management, run data logs, get some custom tunes made, and scan diagnostics with it.

I have a buddy that does EFI live tuning, had him tune my truck and its night and day difference how much better a GOOD custom tune is, and its cheaper.

I now have my diablo intune on my 4.8 vortec work truck, works good enough for that truck.  So with all that said if you can get a custom tune done its well worth it, if not the diablo intune is a decent unit.