smashed electrodes.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its almost as if the electrode is becoming red hot and the compression is pushing it into the post. It does it on both the iridium-ngk br8eix and the normal b8es plugs. I even spaced the plugs up using compression washers. My squish clearance is 55 thousandths and the domes are herrs jugs specials.

picture of plug would help.

Well, I will say, said builder did supply me with the wrong domes. Needless to say, I am not going back. Even after I called with concerns about the specs and numbers I got.

They were just not compatible with my motor. Luckily/thankfully the clutch/trans let go. Went to a different builder, he was not impressed.

deto.  simple.  something wrong with the dome profile  or too much timing.   it is basically hammering so hard and quick it just closes the gaps on the plugs  no time to shake the motor and shoot them out . it could be a major lean out at wide open throttle from bad fuel delivery also?

I'm running c-12 from vp. Timing is at 96 thousandths advanced. I run a pvl. 68 mm cub. Vf4s porting initially done by passion and then re done because it was crap. Port timing is to mat shearer specs. Domes are from hjr. 18cc. About 165-175 on compression and 55 thousandths on my squish clearance. I am not exactly sure of the squish angle nor the percentage it takes up. I run 500ft dirt and by the finish of my second pass......one or both plugs are smashed shut.