cutting clutch springs

jayhawkatv

Strutting & lowering will help prevent a wheelie. 

Won't strutting increase power delivery to the rear wheels though?

If so, wouldn't it actually cause more of a wheelie problem?

Maybe we need more details here.

Bogging one time and hitting a wheelie next seems like inconsistent launch technique possibly?

Won't strutting increase power delivery to the rear wheels though?

If so, wouldn't it actually cause more of a wheelie problem?

Maybe we need more details here.

Bogging one time and hitting a wheelie next seems like inconsistent launch technique possibly?

Strutting will help slow down the pitch rotation. That's why there's rigid chassis, tailored to the power of the motor being installed. The more power, generally the longer the chassis & vice versa for less power.

"Pitch Rotation"

"Simply stated, pitch rotation is the technical term for weight transfer. It is beneficial to have sufficient pitch rotation to help hook, but excessive weight transfer can cause giant wheel stands"

As for your last question. IMO, that's playing a big factor. That's why we use a launch limiter on our drag vehicles to eliminate that variable.

If you are bogging try taking some weight off the lockup and try it. If you are leaving at wide open throttle and the lock up is taking over before u even let the clutch out. Also if the more weight on the lockup the less rpm it takes to be fully locked. Jmo

But the lockup isn't moving until the clutch is disengaged unless riding the brake. He's already running stock springs, that's what makes it hook off the line.

the bike jayhawkatv/kyle is talking about was at the hq ride. it was purple and chrome with the joker on the side. it has 3'' forward titanium suspension on the front and the front is stretched 6''. not a jankity or half assed setup at all.

I wasn't accusing anyone of saying or implying it. a lot is lost in internet conversation because we cannot show emotions/expressions very well. I just didn't want some one thinking he is on a stock frame with stock a arms and 10 inch swingarm trying to figure out why it drives like shit. im very interested and posting in his thread because I want to see what the guys who have been there and done that(much like yourself) have to say about it and what they would try.

all this and the best i seen this bike run at the track at least  was with a set of 14 paddle stag extreme's.   i do believe there are a few vids from eldorado of it running.

and this is with NO bar.  ( nice)   

i personally thought and said the first time i watched it run that it was blowing the tires off and when they finally hooked it overly stressed the motor.  caused a shock  and made it bog.  OR caused it to wheelie all nutty up in the air  to me it was all from not enough tire

after runing the 12's ( ?) it got a lil better   then with the 14's it was way better.  instead of spinning or relying on the clutch to slip like a mad man and the lockup to grab it hard to stop it  the tires just hooked and the bike was more consistent.  it didn't bog from to much tire spin or too much clutch spin.  the bike is being launched at different rpms at times and also with different shift points. ( what i have seen at least).  so to me personally i am not sure how just tuning the clutch is going to make the biggest differences until a baseline can be established and then cause and effect can be measured from there.  ( but thats my opinon so bla!)  overall its a great combo on a bad ass bike that works very well  it just has its very very minor querks.  and kyle can ride most of them out no problem.. 

the conditions on the dunes constantly change and unless you know exactly the launch condition you are in hard to know the right setup for each pass.  the sand gets wet, dry, mixture you cut ruts that causes different traction issues, there are launch ruts bumps dips etc. 

Well Cam, Leroy dumped another 4 loads of sand on the track. Everyone had to Use les tire even Leroy on his ridged chassis. I had to air mine up to 5 lbs and the more air the more it spun. I personally don't think I can pull your 14s anymore on the track.