Upgrading my 421 serval

So while I was at the dunes for the BHQ ride, my 421 serval started loosing compression. It had around 800 hours on the build lol so it was just getting tired and wore out.

So I pulled my motor and sent it with Cameron to redline. The plan was to port it and freshen it up.

Well that plan just got changed, now I am getting a ported 10mil serval!!!

I am also going to start stripping my frame down tonight for some fresh powder and just going to change the look of my bike all the way around.

This is the start of my rebuild thread and I will update as progress is made

This is the last pic of it while it was running right on the HQ ride

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380982262.828726.jpg

And now

enuge5aq.jpgba6yhyta.jpgsyhe6ara.jpg4ava7u9a.jpga9yma2a6.jpgbade6ape.jpg

Wow 800 hours on the set of jugs? How many complete top ends and/or just re-rings did you go through? Trying to get a feel for how long the rings/top end live.

Did you ever ride a 10mil serval? I'm having him do mine within a few weeks as well. I cant wait.

Wow 800 hours on the set of jugs? How many complete top ends and/or just re-rings did you go through? Trying to get a feel for how long the rings/top end live.

Did you ever ride a 10mil serval? I'm having him do mine within a few weeks as well. I cant wait.

I put this motor together a couple years ago. This is the one I won the 0-450cc ATV class at Nationals last year with.

We never rebuilt the motor.

I can vouch for his ride time. He runs a lot of back roads and poker runs over in Kansas, plus the hillclimbs and sand.

I talked to Cam last night and I will be funding some pipe testing on this motor.

I want to see the difference between Shearers, Rockets and Snipers.

Thats great to hear. I look forward to seeing where the curve is. If the pipes are still there for mine, I dont mind them being tested on my set up.

Your motor needs a big bore pipe. None of these are big bore.

The BB Shearers like I run on my set up is basically what yours will be, minus the open stingers I'm sure.

Loco, Is he testing on the 10 or 4 mill serval for you? I have a 10 mill Serval coming from cam aswell. Would like to see the outcome aswell.

This is the 10mm Serval. On down the road this winter, I want to fly out and play with the 4mm Serval stuff with him.

This thing just kind of popped up with this 10mm Serval.

No cpi's can be thrown in the mix?

Possibly. If he has a set I'm sure he will throw them on.

I forget he told me it needs big bore pipes. My memeory sucks.

Will yall be doing as cast then play with porting?

These will be ported only testing. I don't see much sense in anyone buying a 10mm Serval and not having it ported.. I don't see any reason to not port a 4mm Serval either, but that seems more likely to happen than with a 10mm.