TORs removal done - Now starting issues

diesel60

Might make sure whoever did the idle screw install cut the bodies down far enough that the screws go In and actually hit the slides.

I had to take my stock carbs down a ton to get the idle screw to hit the slide. Dont just take it down flat, keep going some.

After it started did it idle when u left off???

I had to take my stock carbs down a ton to get the idle screw to hit the slide. Dont just take it down flat, keep going some.

After it started did it idle when u left off???

No as soon as it started I had to feather throttle to keep it running.  I then tried to adjust the idle screws but something is still wrong.

Take a medium sized flat head and insert it into the carb throat with the slide raised. Lower the slides down onto the flat head "make sure the flat head is vertical and not horizontal". Once the slide sits on it, adjust the idle screw to that position to keep the slide at that height. Do the same thing to the other slide.

That should get you close to what you need. Adjust the idle screws the same amount on each side to ensure that they are the same.

If you adjust the idle too high, you will be running on the needle instead of the pilot.

Once it is where you want it, the. Adjust your cables to ensure that the slides raise and lower at the same time. Be aware that you can also adjust these too tight and they raise the slides higher than you set the idle screw. Be patient and it will work.

Thanks for everyones help! I checked the slide cutouts - they are facing air filter side- checked bb on carb bowl - that was correct-

The bad- it appeara that when i screw the idle screw all the way in it doesnt hardly move rhe slide. When i took the nut off and screwed in just the screw i could see the slide adjust so i need to trim more it appears!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I highly recommend both of these tools.

I have one of these to tune my idle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Hour-meter-Tachometer-2-4-Stroke-Small-Engine-Spark-For-Motorcycle-Boat-Bike-/181189333163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2fb9d0ab

And, I haz one of these to synchronize my carbs at idle and at 5500rpms.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=59