TRINITY 535 LEMON----- OPINIONS PLEASE.

bigred1977

Here is his bike with a 535.epa2uraq.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Very nice "Before" pics.

That pipe design looks good. (Won't hold coolant....easy to drain fluid out tailpipes) But your going to have to be looking back to see the vapor cloud.  :lol:

But seriously, cool looking hybrid. Should be a wild ride if the V.D. flair-up's ever end.

yes leakdown done, all good... went to the beach again!! ran fine, did a few plug chops and fattened it up, rode it pretty hard, temp did start to creep and worrie me a little,we did about 30mins on it, certainly is a screamer!!!! a new problem has a risen, keeping the front wheel down, I don't think its got anywhere near the claimed power, however am just glad to of had it running for as long as it has, I definitely need to gear it taller, we are at 19 inch rear wheel with 17 front rear 42 and am banging through looking for another gear!! am pretty impressed so far, but am just at a point of starting to hone in to the right tune, so no plugs backing out,no loosing and pumping no coolant, I held it flat for over 900meters and it was good,.

pretty happy with it today.....

got back to the workshop, popped the plugs-good, pulled the pipes, piston and bore look great!!, did a compression test 180 a side, and a leakdown no leakage!!!!!

clutch held up too!!!

we are going to try some fancy coolant and fatten it up some more to try get the temp down a touch,pop another clutch in for good meaure too.

so at this stage the results are pretty good.. ill try post a video up a bit later... a very big thank you to all for your help and insight in to this pile....

I await the next hurdle.... one more test on Friday before the "king of the beach" on sunday!!!!!

Edited by bigred1977

well that's the thing mate, really my challenge and race is just that!! keeping the thing together, ill be a happy chap if its still running at the end of the meet, as for high hp bikes....

thing is all the lads are running methanol cr500s, and they have put some time into them too, rumours of 96hp at the rear etc,one of them ran a 10.9 at the drags on his, they are not slow, thing they struggle with is getting there fueling right, they are a bit primitive so I would suspect there engine performance be a little inconsistent,the greatest advantage they have is there cooler running temps, that is frustrating me. if things start to go right with this bike I will run it on meth and fuel inject also... time will tell

• Like 1

well back again!!! the video was the day before today,well more deflation today, I can not get mt head roundthis bike, it ran like a champ in the video, we went back to the woekshop popped off the pipes had alook up inside, pistons cylinder walls looked great, plugs were good too, so geared her a little taller 17-38, and went back down to the beach this morning,well!! what 5 mins maybe and she is all over again,popped the pipes off and both pistons are smudged, loaded her up, into the workshop and pulled her down, plugs were hot and lean, exhaust crown edge on both pistons eaten away, am stumped again, jetting was on keihin 41mm 220 main 50 pilot middle clip,coolant temps were not extreme,antiboil coolant etc, running vp ms109 fuel with +5 on the timing, my bore clearance was 6 to 7 thou(which is huge) pistons 30mins old 10 range plugs, 23cc domes....I just don't get it the bike is not radical in its setup, and the jetting very fat, to me it just seems like it burnt out...

I got a brand new cylinder, measured it up and it seems to be ok, I have honed it to have  5 thou clearance, unsharpened the new pistons, fitted 27cc domes, left the jetting where it is and timing etc, gonna run it in and give it a try... any suggestions? ideas?

the thing that really pissed me off was , before it melted down, it was fast! very fast!! so rebuild number 3 for this week!!!!

Wash, rinse, repeat.

It's not like I didn't warn you. LOL

Here is a suggestion. ...DON'T "Go run it and give it a try". When you geared up you added load. That adds heat and the need for more fuel.

At this point the pipes might be part of the issue. They might be too small for a 535 and be backing heat ino the motor. Also you should be doing leak tests BEFORE you tear down top ends.