NEW OWNER/NEED HELP! Won't start after rebuild!

Will purchase new plugs tomorrow and let you guys know whats up. 

Also noticed that both my plug boots are different and I don't have much wire length. I remembered back when I was having starting issues before it seemed like a loose plug boot (threads into the wire) so I cut the wire back 1/2" and rethreaded it in and thats when I had the most success (if you want to call it that) in starting. Is it possible to just put new wires on the coil or are the wires fixed to the coil end?

Most have little if any luck replacing coil wires. Even though both plugs fire at same time, it's hard to tell if they're fireing on both comp strokes. Pull flywheel with correct puller , clean rust off stator poles, inside of Fwheel, and timing lugs on outside of wheel. Check there isn't corrosion between stator plate and cases. Gap pick-up coil. Make sure ALL  connections are clean and tight, add di-electric grease. Make sure coil mount is bare metal, add di-grease. Better yet is run ground wire from coil back to engine.

Are you sure pistons are facing the correct way? Has happened before.

Most have little if any luck replacing coil wires. Even though both plugs fire at same time, it's hard to tell if they're fireing on both comp strokes. Pull flywheel with correct puller , clean rust off stator poles, inside of Fwheel, and timing lugs on outside of wheel. Check there isn't corrosion between stator plate and cases. Gap pick-up coil. Make sure ALL  connections are clean and tight, add di-electric grease. Make sure coil mount is bare metal, add di-grease. Better yet is run ground wire from coil back to engine.

Are you sure pistons are facing the correct way? Has happened before.

Yep, pistons are facing the correct way. Definitely want to check for spark and such before going through all that. How hard is it to get to the Stator? I haven't really looked at that procedure yet.

Easy as pie. Couple screws on the stator cover, remove shifter. What I described is what I did to eliminate 1 cyl mis-fire. You MUST use a Banshee flywheel puller, 2-3 jaw will ruin your flywheel.

Starting with the stator is the best way of diagnosing spark problems. If you want ohm the stator while you're in there. Also make sure flywheel doesn't rattle.

I read somewhere about the woodruff timing key sometimes shearing. So I suppose it'd probably be a good idea to get in there and see what's up. Is the crank seal easily accessible once the flywheel comes off? Thinking about just replacing that if it's right there as well. How easy is it to get ahold of a banshee flywheel puller? I have many different pullers and tools being a machinist, but I'll trust you if you say it requires a specific one. 

Lame...haha. Well I'll dig into her later today and double/triple check on things and report back. I really hope I can get her running right real soon. Would like to enjoy it some before it gets too cold.....

Thanks for the help and ideas guys... I appreciate it all very much.  :thanks:

Not about to start buying more shit to throw at it until I can verify what the problem actually is. Have enough money into the rebuild as is. For all I know the gaps on the plugs could be way off and they could be fouled up. When I pulled them before they were wet but they looked really clean. So I assumed they were good. Have new plugs to gap and go in but it's been hot as balls today so I haven't messed with it much other than trying to push start it a few times. Definitely is seeming like its not getting spark or not good enough spark as it doesn't even pop. You can hear the compression but that's it. No pops, no smoke, nothing.