Is the 4mm serval really worth it?

As I told them on the phone, im not interested in dyno numbers. the extra stroke will help me set up my chassis how I want. Im hoping to be able to launch in 1st with a 16t front instead of a 15t. We shall ssee. The billet crank will set me back another month but im not risking forged.

As I told them on the phone, im not interested in dyno numbers. the extra stroke will help me set up my chassis how I want. Im hoping to be able to launch in 1st with a 16t front instead of a 15t. We shall ssee. The billet crank will set me back another month but im not risking forged.

Hell, like I have said before, I launch in 3rd with a 16/41 with no problem you will be able to run 17 on the front with a 10mil no problem

What what tire on what terrain rjdgriff? I just have 1st-5th and i like to use all my gears. I keep 1st decent so i can cruise around and take off without too much slipping. I run pro wedge 2's full  time.

And of course billet breaks. He said that. But i want stronger than forged so billet it is. Do it once, do it right. Now it's time to research suspension. I still have stock suspension. shame on me.

Edited by RagunCajun

I think this crank failure scenario is highly unlikely.  If you had huge heavy pistons swinging around making large-motor horsepower spinning at a speed only drag ported cyls could produce....   then forged or billet cranks might fail.  Unless the crank has a pre-existing condition causing it to fail, I highly doubt a 10mm serval will destroy one.  Build it, ride it, and have fun!

So what 10mil crank you run dirty?

I agree gotta. I've heard crap about hotrods. I beat mine to death and it works fine. If it's still good, i will save it just in case i want to build a second bike one day. A low compression 80-90hp engine on pump gas doesnt seem too stressful.

Edited by RagunCajun

So what 10mil crank you run dirty?

I agree gotta. I've head crap from hotrods. I beat mine to death and it works fine. If it's still good, i will save it just in case i want to build a second bike one day.

Run whatever Redline recommends. I assume it will be a Crankworks billet.

What what tire on what terrain rjdgriff? I just have 1st-5th and i like to use all my gears. I keep 1st decent so i can cruise around and take off without too much slipping. I run pro wedge 2's full time.

And of course billet breaks. He said that. But i want stronger than forged so billet it is. Do it once, do it right. Now it's time to research suspension. I still have stock suspension. shame on me.

running ohtsu mr501 20" on dirt and asphalt lol (I know, not a good asphalt tire but i ride on asphalt to get to my trails lol) and I can launch in third on the asphalt as well as the dirt. I'm thinking about going to a 17 front and seeing how it does

Anyone have some good video of them playing around with their 4mil serval? if so please post.

Well, here is mine. I am still fighting with this thing, to be honest i am not happy. I think its just m though i think i need to send it out for some care...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_kp_xQ_bDkY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Edited by DirectIntelect