Some pics from our WV trip

Thought I would share some pics from our 10 day trip to southern WV. We stayed at twin hollow campground for the first half and then Ashland ATV resort for the second half. During our stay at twin hollow there were three crashes from fellow campers on our campground. Two went over the cliff on the hatfield mccoy trails. And another side by side did and end over end flip on an outlaw trail. The rockhouse trail system was the most difficuly out of the trails that we hit. We blew up a yfz450 and my banshee by the fourth day. I brought a blaster for a back up. I'm glad I did.

20130722_182331_zps129bc111.jpg

20130726_164526_zps6512a53f.jpg

20130719_202923_zps36265d71.jpg

Trail 35 on rockhouse. Doesn't look like much in the pic but it was very steep and deep gullies. I decided not to try it with my 5" of ground clearance. One of the crashes that happened was on this trail.

20130720_133458_zpsc00aa18b.jpg

This shows how steep it is in most places.

20130721_160539_zps131e26cc.jpg

I dunno about people killed but we went there earlier this year and my brother wrecked in the first hr of riding and tore all the tendents holding his collar bone down. And shortly after that I wrecked and hyperextended my knee and couldn't walk for 2 days. But other than that the trials were nice

People run off the trail. In most places the cliff is right next to the trail. I came within inches of the cliff edge going around puddles.

I would recommend it for a fellow banshee rider. You just wont be able to go on some of the washed out trails like #35 in rockhouse.

My wreck was due to a guy stopped in the middle of a trial around a bend. But a lot of of the big rolling hills I saw had small bumps at the bottom that blended in and you can see til its to late that's what happened to my brother and he got bucked of the bike. And like said above some of the trials are tight and right on a cliff.

Best to keep close attention on those trails. I'm glad that none in our group had a mishap. I hit one of those vallys that blended in. I hit it way to fast and the bike bottomed out so hard that I ripped my full skid right off.

I would recommend Ashland Resort which has access to three trail systems. Indian Ridge,Pocohantas, and Pinnacle Creek. Like said before, you can't go wot in a place you never been. Lots of drop off, trees,rocks and those sneaky switchback's will get you everytime

There is only one bad thing about Ashland. There are meth and crackheads just a few miles away. Ashland has had issues with theft. They patrol the grounds 24/7. They recommend locking your stuff up. We had a 6 pack rack gas can go missing when we were out to get something to eat.

The twin hollow campground doesn't have theft issues. Much nicer area and family run. Ashland is employee run and they don't want to be there.