How much can you trick out a banshee and keep it reliable

I think I have worn out rings. so I plan on boring out the cylinder and upgrading to a larger piston. Im wondering how much I can trick out with keeping it reliable. I see cheetah cub kit. I see big piston kits on ebay. want it faster but want to keep reliability. Basicaly just going dune riding. Im buying as cr500 and want my kids banshee to hang with it.

you will not see any gains from boring a small displacement 2 stroke engine. if you want to trick it out so to say, get it ported put a 4mil crank in it and it will be as reliable as you want it to be if you do it right and maintain it. you can "trick it out" all you want 600cc dm and still be reliable if done right.

so were getting to what i was looking for... so just boring it out I wont notice a difference. So Ive heard do a 4mil. how big of a difference is doing a +4? looks like doing a +4 is new crank rods pistons and heads. Do you upgrade carbs or stock carbs fine? ive also seen do porting makes a difference. any good shops out there to call that do good work and reasonable. I love shops that tell you what you need or dont need, not just about the money there making on sales.

Its a crank(110 rod or 115), pistons, cut domes/stock cut head, and proper porting. Carbs will depend on what you want to do and how much "power" you are looking for. Call some site sponsers see who wants to help you out without just wanting all your money.

milled head, good HJR port job, pistons, welded crank, what else is done to the bike? You can make a relatively stock bike a very fun and fast one. The best thing you can do is call a builder, tell him what you want and let them do the rest. Either stock or 4mil setup you will have no problem keeping up with a cr500.