What size domes?

My buddy doesn't use the computer much and wanted me to get a little info. His banshee is .80 over, mild port work, fmf pipes and silencers, vforce reeds, stock carbs jetted for pipes, it's tore down right now and waiting on rings and gaskets to come in, but he has a cool head that come off his parts bike and he wants to put it on when he puts it back together, but one of the domes are a little beat up. He's wanting to know what cc domes he should run in it. We do quite a bit of trail riding, a lot of grudge drag racing, nothing too hardcore. I'm not real familiar with this my banshee is pretty well stock lol. What size cc domes would you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

They are seperate issues, however on motors geared more toward maximum performance you need to account for timing as well as compression as both elements can contribute substantially to additional heat. Before set up,you need to factor what fuel is going to be used. Then whoever machines the domes can figure dome specs off engin peramiters. (ie. desired compression, bore, stroke, motor rpm range, using timing) Where that ties to your question, if a person would like to add compression as well as timing the squish and CC volume may be a bit loooser to accomidate. Example: if your trail bike has domes for pump gas but the motor is already flirting with detonation, it would be a good idea to pull a CC or two out if you were gonna throw timing at it as well. Maybe loosen squish as well. If the bike already has timing, and you are looking to bump compression with new domes, definitely account for it.