should i buy a banshee or not?

your post is impossible to quote.

I took your initial comments as demeaning.  After that everything was taken in that same context.

Your first comment included neither a wink or smiley.. it was a :shootself:   Maybe I misread some things and took them differently then intended.

About my temp.   I do know even though i dont have a temp gauge.  Its impractical to use one in the dunes for racing.  As everyone knows a few HP from engine temp differences are not gonna be the deciding factor on a win/loss in the dunes. As evident by you beating me that race in the dunes even though you were probably down 40-50HP.    So I choose not to waste 70.00 on one.  I'm can't justify sitting there and watch a temp gauge until I'm ready to make another pass.  Dune racing is FAR from NHRA certified events.  My bike was originally setup for track.  So I do know my engines optimal tune and setting for max HP though I choose not to dune race with those settings because it just isn't practical or safe and it would be a one pass wonder.    I'm more concerned with my clutch heat.

Yep I run the unit from KOSO. Mounted right up center on my bars as is my KOSO EGT gauge.

Glance down as I 'm headed back to the starting line to make sure I'm cooled down. Then a glance at my EGT'S as I pull 5th and again as I pull in the clutch in the shutdown and I will know if I'm seeing aluminum melting temps.

Both gauges store max temps so I can go back and check them on the return road to make sure everthing is perfect. (It's not a full data logger, but it's close.)

I just called KOSO, bunch of French speaking jerks... Any other digital guages like the KOSO????

Yep. vvvv

null-105.jpg

I only have a temp gauge on 1 motor, and it's on the wrong hose because I can't see the other. I also never look at it. I go by how the motor sounds to know (or think) the temp is right. Many never put heat in a motor before a pass and I never figured that out. Even if its 95* out side it is still needed. If its cold I waste a lot of alky in the staging lanes. Others may not appreciate the noise, but that's how it is. I don't bang on it, just let it run.