should i buy a banshee or not?

I wouldn't if I where you. You'll fall victim to searching the web, this site looking for parts info and pics on how to customize your banshee . Spend tons of $$$ on aftermarket parts . It's worse then owning a Harley . I sold mine 4 years ago and missed it do much I traded my dirtbike for a blown project banshee. I'm thinking of a 2nd. There is nothing like em.

Banshees are only seen as unreliable because MOST banshee owners don't know dick about jetting and carburetors. They do mods, then ride it for 20 minutes. After that they figure re-jetting wasn't needed. Then one day they ride it harder or longer or faster than before and it burns up a top end. Or they freshen a top end on a 20 year old crank and are shocked to have the bottom end coming out the headpipes.

If you keep a good tune on a Banshee it can handle anything as long as you keep air moving thru the radiator. (Do you know how many ten-thousand dollar + Banshees are out there with owners that wouldn't spend another $100 for a water temp gauge?

Buy a Banshee

Don't trust that just because it didn't blow up yet, that it's tuned correctly.

Any machine is an animal you are responsible for taming and training.

The more mods you have.....the wilder the beast.

Don't go climbing into a lions cage untill you know whatvtheblion needs to eat, how to feed it and how to notice when it's having a bad day.

Any fool can take his stock Banshee and buy a fully ported 4 mill kit and slap it together.....

But if you never learned how to tune your old motor......your bound to end up a sorry pile of bones on the lion cage floor with the new animal.

That's why I say your going to have to know how to spin wrenches. If your just a jockey.......stick with a bone stock 4-stroke.

If your willing to learn to be a lion tamer......then get a Banshee and that big lion will just be a pet you keep on a leash.

Ride a Lion because nobody is impressed with seeing you riding a housecat. (although some of the sicko's around here might be a little turned on by that mental image.) LOL

<<< has a 10k banshee and no water temp gauge.

^^^^ Has a Banshee that only runs for 4 seconds at a time.

^^^^ Also has no idea at what temp his motor makes it's best power........Goes with the 1-one thousand, 2-one thousand, 3-one thousand method, then feels the pipes..... (Same method if it's 60 or 90 outside)  :shootself:

^^^^ Has a Banshee that only runs for 4 seconds at a time.

^^^^ Also has no idea at what temp his motor makes it's best power........Goes with the 1-one thousand, 2-one thousand, 3-one thousand method, then feels the pipes..... (Same method if it's 60 or 90 outside) I

^^^ Bumped his head... Literally none of that is true..   Unless you heard it from someone that heard it from someone.. Then of course it has to be true.

you seriously think I care what my motor makes it best power at?    :rotflmao:     If only you knew me... :D

:lol:  Sorry, that was mostly made up........... I have no idea how high you count before you stage your bike.  :jesterlaugh:

Also, for all I know that big Alky powered DM might be running in the 3's......I was just going off the last time I saw it when it was running so poor you could barely keep it running. (But I'm sure that had nothing to do with temperature.) ;) 

I'll be at the dunes again on the 19-21........swing on over since you'll be up there and we'll chat again.  :cheers:  

:lol:  Sorry, that was mostly made up........... I have no idea how high you count before you stage your bike.  :jesterlaugh:

Also, for all I know that big Alky powered DM might be running in the 3's......I was just going off the last time I saw it when it was running so poor you could barely keep it running. (But I'm sure that had nothing to do with temperature.) ;)

I'll be at the dunes again on the 19-21........swing on over since you'll be up there and we'll chat again.  :cheers:  

Barely keep it running...  :rotflmao:     I seriously think you are drunk.  

Go play with your kittens.

Ummm we raced that day we talked on the dunes. The bike was running like crap and I asked you "Why don't you dial it in?" (I'm sure it's run good since then, but it ran like crap the day you came over to talk to me.)

Your answer was first "This motor is too much for this chassis" Then after hearing it run so rough you said  "I don't wrench on the dunes, I come to have fun."

I didn't think adjusting carbs was that big a deal but it's your weekend. :shrugani: Then I said let's just line them up for fun. (I wasn't afraid to loose a race.) I wasn't expecting my Race gas 10 mill cub to beat a 12-14 mill DM.....But I did. (No glory....the thing wasn't dialed in at all.)

So if you would like to imply I'm drunk...fine. But I just read two posts you made. In one you talk about still needing to get your DM dialed in and in the other you talk about dialing in a 350. I saw the DM 2 years ago!

AT THAT TIME it was running like a wet turd........Just saying.

It was last July you saw my DM.  It was the LT weekend and I was there with JD.  It wasn't physically possible for you to see it 2yrs ago because it was sitting on my

floor without a chassis. 2 yrs ago I had my throw together 350 in the dunes twice.   When you seen it I had just got the chassis back and it was the first time I rode it since Oct of 10'.  Did someone call you and say I couldn't keep it running at the first HQ ride?  lol 

I seriously dont know what your talking about.  The bike was running flawlessly. (it was dyno tuned) I took it to LS 2 months after you seen it untouched with the same tune.  Video of it is on youtube and MANY people can vouch for it.    Yes I did say that it was too much motor (for our dunes).. I couldn't hold the front end down for nothing.  Nothing was wrong with the motor tune.. It was gearing and tire pressure that needed dailing in. Thats when I said I wont turn a wrench in the dunes.  

I have never said my DM still needs tuning.. I haven't rode it since LS and It's staying the same other then some clutch changes.   I did say I was going to spend some time with the 350.    And yes I did get beat, but I know it wasn't because of motor tune.  I'm not that good of a rider to carry the tires the entire strip.  I can admit that and its not a secret. You sure you weren't drinking? because you have numerous facts misconstrued and false.   Man.. this feels like deja'vu...  :rolleyes:

Also, It has ran 3's with a 250# rider long before you seen it. Ionia fall of 2009 to be exact.

These are the facts.. take them or leave them. Or phone a friend and create your own.