Wanna go faster!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

early shee's had a stock 13t front sprocket, later they went to a 14T stock. Do like said and put a 15t on, your gonna see a signifigcant difference, maybe even some 22"tires. set floats to spec to make sure you got enough fuel supply to run out 6th gear.

How tall are your rear tires????? Just save up some cash. Go fast = $

And if you havent, mod your stock timing plate for 4° advance. Its the only free mod I know besides learning to ride better, more tire pressure(can hurt your take off), and cheap mods like going to a 15 front sprocket. How do you know your jetting is right? What is your jetting and elevation? Good luck

X2^^^^

You never said what tires you're running. they make a big difference too. Running something like a 18" will let you wheelie all you want (becasue of the better torque/accel) but a 22" on the other hand will give less torque but you'll top out way higher. For my '97 shee the stock sprockets are 14/41, howd you end up with a 13/40 (i think thats what you said)? Remember too that engine mods wont make your engine spin higher RPM's (more speed), or at most a very little higher. Engine mods will change how long it takes to get to that speed. Im run a stock ratio with bald 20" (measure in at 19") and i get to 70. Change your ratio, you'll really notice it.

How tall are your rear tires????? Just save up some cash. Go fast = $

And if you havent, mod your stock timing plate for 4° advance. Its the only free mod I know besides learning to ride better, more tire pressure(can hurt your take off), and cheap mods like going to a 15 front sprocket. How do you know your jetting is right? What is your jetting and elevation? Good luck

you beat me to posting that comment about tires >:D   lol

If your buddy wont even tell you about his secret tranny how do you know he's also not telling you about his secret porting, milled head, advanced timing or whatever other internal mods you can't see. Just saying....

X2^^^^

You never said what tires you're running. they make a big difference too. Running something like a 18" will let you wheelie all you want (becasue of the better torque/accel) but a 22" on the other hand will give less torque but you'll top out way higher. For my '97 shee the stock sprockets are 14/41, howd you end up with a 13/40 (i think thats what you said)? Remember too that engine mods wont make your engine spin higher RPM's (more speed), or at most a very little higher. Engine mods will change how long it takes to get to that speed. Im run a stock ratio with bald 20" (measure in at 19") and i get to 70. Change your ratio, you'll really notice it.

Tires are 22 x 12.5 - 9

Rims are 9 x 8.5 AT