RZ 350 motor?

NYrider631

I had a RD/RZ350 and I loved the bike. YPVS makes it a little easier to ride on the streets, but that´s about it.

What you have now? ..and why are you considering swapping the motor? Performance?

It certainly would be a hassle to hunt down all those parts for the rz350. My motor is stock right now I was just considering it for the longer tranny gears for the long roads that you cant hold out in 6th gear on. I think i'll just stick with building the stock motor I have now. Any first step suggestions for that? 

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. Try gearing it, but if you like try finding an RZ tranny in good condition and swap it. I have been messing with gearing and still I toy with the idea of swapping a cut RZ tranny in my bike to keep from having to shift as much. Similar to how 450's can run a whole race in 2 gears.

Although a few people have done the swap, yes it is a hassle to mount and wire all the components for the power valves. Battery, power valve controller, power valve servo motor, and you have to use the RZ350 stator, flywheel, and CDI. Also, there are only a few brands of pipes that will clear the power valve cable hookup thing on the left cylinder. As mentioned, if gearing is all you're after, buy a RZ350 trans and go at it. You can swap the gears around between the Banshee trans and the RZ350 trans so you end up with the ratios that you want.