Suspending ALL new work until further notice

Glad I got lots of shocks to ya already Matt! May have to hoard them all and stash away in safe place for years to come. That being said there's always a couple douche bags that fuck it up for all the rest sorry to hear mad that's bs. And people ask why only accept gifted payments...

The guys who asked about 250r shocks give mark Baldwin a call at Baldwin racing. They do good work, sadly Matt did the best work for me first time everytime. Matt shoot me a pm when you get to what I have had over there to you.

Look at a different processing company. If you user Quick Books for billing/accounting look at their service. It is by far one of the cheapest. It also runs each transaction on line with no extra cc machine. No batching either. You create an account for each customer, create an invoice for parts or service, and when you run the card you just apply the payment to a particular invoice and it marks it as paid. Or if the payment is a deposit you can leave it on their account as a credit for them.

I don't understand how that is happening to you. With AVS(Address Verification) these days it checks it for you. They match the address you type in when you process the card to the billing address that the customer has on file with the cc company. If you are shipping the parts to the same address that the cc company sends their bills to it will be hard to dispute. I know that when i process cards manually (not swiped..manually keyed in) through QB that the address, zip code, and code on the back have to match or it won't let it go through. It also gives me a ittle pop up each time i run a card telling me that it was a match. If your cc service uses AVS and you ONLY ship to the billing address on the credit card account then it should protect you. Unless they say that they never got the parts and that is where shipping insurance comes in.

Look at a different processing company. If you user Quick Books for billing/accounting look at their service. It is by far one of the cheapest. It also runs each transaction on line with no extra cc machine. No batching either. You create an account for each customer, create an invoice for parts or service, and when you run the card you just apply the payment to a particular invoice and it marks it as paid. Or if the payment is a deposit you can leave it on their account as a credit for them.

I don't understand how that is happening to you. With AVS(Address Verification) these days it checks it for you. They match the address you type in when you process the card to the billing address that the customer has on file with the cc company. If you are shipping the parts to the same address that the cc company sends their bills to it will be hard to dispute. I know that when i process cards manually (not swiped..manually keyed in) through QB that the address, zip code, and code on the back have to match or it won't let it go through. It also gives me a ittle pop up each time i run a card telling me that it was a match. If your cc service uses AVS and you ONLY ship to the billing address on the credit card account then it should protect you. Unless they say that they never got the parts and that is where shipping insurance comes in.

Credit card fraud is not something new. I also don't run my businesses in the ice age. I don't use traditional POS systems and 90% of my processing is done online. MY credit card processing company has very little to do with the reasons the money hasn't been returned. It's something you agree to when you sign the papers. You accept visa, mastercard, discover, and AmEx's terms... Their terms state that every transaction must have a signature. That's pretty tough to do when it's over the phone.

I won 3 very successful businesses, and I'm pretty well versed on how to run credit cards. I use Authorize.net. I'll be damned if I'll use anything that is related to Intuit. I have many reasons, but none of them pertain to this incident.

Of course, if you shipped to the billing address with signature required it would be tough to dispute, however, not all orders get shipped to the billing address. In this case, as well as for MANY MANY MANY other customers, their shipping address is different than their billing address. For example, not ONE of my credit cards "bill" to my house. They are all billed to a P.O. Box. It'd be pretty difficult to get UPS or FedEx to ship to a P.O. Box.

Also, it's not uncommon for customers to use a different billing address than their shipping address, so simply saying "Only ship to their billing address" is out of the question. ALL (Every one of the 3) "ship to:" zip codes matched the billing address. The customers ALSO had the entire billing address, and it was input into my interface at the time the card was run. This was a pretty well thought out scheme, and no matter how smart one might think they are, criminals will ALWAYS find a way around it.

At this point it's best to just limit transactions to face to face, cash only transactions for the time being.

I am in the process of dealing with the UPS stores that the shocks were originally shipped out from, but everything has to be in writing, which takes a while.

I'll spend 10x as much as I lost, just to see it through.