Suspending ALL new work until further notice

Effective immediately, and until further notice, So Cal Suspension Systems is suspending any and all new orders/work. In the last two months I have had 3 Banshee customers file chargebacks with their credit card companies, citing stolen credit cards, totaling nearly $2,300. All three of these customers called me several times, discussed work, and paid over the phone with credit cards. I am unsure if these people are BansheeHQ members, but I would assume they are. Two of the phone numbers have since been canceled, and the third one just rings and rings.

Two customers from Michigan and one customer from Canada.

My credit card processing company has done essentially nothing for me because phone orders do not contain a signature -- No shit. I am still fighting all of these with shipping receipts/statements and luckily I kinda sorta know how to dig up shit on people and ruin their lives.

PayPal is no safer. Disputes on PayPal usually end up in the seller (me) losing because all someone has to do is say their shit was stolen or hacked into.

People know what they are doing, and frankly, I don't make enough doing this to justify continuing losing money.

Point blank -- Unless you are standing in front of me with an ID and credit card, or cash, I am not accepting work from you. That being said, I will still be doing work in Utah the end of May for the ride there.

All of the work that I currently have will be finished and shipped out as we have originally agreed upon.

Damn, that really sucks. I was really hoping to have a rear shock rebuilt by you. I don't blame you and I'm sure the other guys don't ether. To many bullshit scammers nowa days won't even let somebody run a legit business. Good luck Matt, I hope you get this figured out.<br /><br />Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Wouldn't it be possible to do things via email? Possibly write up a simple generic contract to use so you have everything in writing?

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

I have signed work orders sent with each job. They are on my website under the "services" tab. Still means nothing, apparently...

These people know what they are doing. They are doing their own signatures different... All 3 orders, looking back on it now, were shipped from UPS stores... I'm going to try to contact UPS stores in the area and see if they keep a record of payments on each shipments, say, if they used a debit card to pay, or something.

It's just really frustrating that people knowingly take advantage of someone who does this essentially as a hobby. I don't make hardly any money doing this. Call a big company and fuck them out of their money.

People are doing it maliciously.

I started out because people were asking me to help them out. In three short years, I turned it into something that now pays all my bills, and allows me to stay involved in this industry.

I've branched out into the Off Road Racing scene, which oddly enough, is where my suspension work started back in 2001.

why wouldn't you still do work for those you know on here??

I've been asked that several times now. It's simple. It breaks down to a "Well, I've been a member for X years, you know who I am!"

Once everything gets settled, and I have an opportunity to talk to a few other people in the business and see if they do things differently than I do, I may change my mind.

I don't simply have the time to evaluate every scenario, and every person to determine whether or not they are trustworthy. 90% of my customers are great, and I love doing business with them. This is simply a suspension [pun] of work at this time. It's not a set-in-stone determination of So Cal Suspension's future ATV business, but for the time being, face-to-face transactions is all that I will be doing... for now.