i think my engine is blown

Chris327

i was riding yesterday at my friends field and noticed it was not running right... usually when i rip on it i can literally pull the front up on any gear. it was just running slow and would not rip at all, so i stopped and checked my compresion and digital ignition to make sure it wasn't screwing up. i took off again and it was making a pinging noice and then stopped running... now the kick starter is locked up. it can still shift gears. what do you guys think it is... im about to open it up in a little bit but just wondering what could have gone wrong? :wacko:

hey look at that....typical new guy/younger generation.........want the answer given to them, but don't want to let anyone know what the result was.  This is why they're going to fail at running this world.......we have a problem, we research, find the problem, let everyone know the problem and the repair.  Makes good info to learn from.........but they just wanna know whats wrong so they can fix it and then tell the world to fuck off. 

Cant wait to see what happens when they start whining and can't find info to fix they're problems.

• Like 1

Same thing happened to my banshee before, it was running funny then stopped and it wouldnt kick over, did a leakdown test and it had an air leak so it broke the big end bearing and broke the skirt of the piston.

sorry for not updating lately, i've been really busy lately at work/school and haven't been able to update this post...  i see that i pissed most of you guys off but heres what ive done so far and concluded: did a leakdown test... was fine so i tore off the head and see so far that the left piston is fucked (bottom half of piston gone) it looks like all the shrapnel from that piston went down in the gears so i think that is what locked it up ohh and the rings and rod bearings are also shot but the bore of the cylinder looks to be fine. i'm just waiting for my clutch and stator removal tools to come in so i can open up the case to see the futher damage done. i'm still not sure why it seized up like that? the only thing i can think of is that the shrapnel off the piston got wedged in there somewhere. we will see soon and if you guys know any other way to get the stator and clutch off without the tools please reply... i just want to open this fucker up and see.