Billet waterpump

Could be that the Bike was ran with out coolant.....

Or, the bearing went bad and the thing death wobbled till it was mush.

But to me... That is a product of lack of maintainence. Coolant, especially cheap coolant, has a tendency to become acidic and if not changed or flushed. Thin aluminum like our Billit waterpump don't stand a chance.

I pulled mine down and replaced the stock impellor to a Chariot billet impellor. The stock impellor though was in perfect condition as was the plastic drive gear. This had been run for 7 years with the only coolant change 12 months before the tear down. Could heat have cooked it and it became perished and brittle?

why do you say higher octane fuel is going to cool his motor?  Higher octane fuel actually burns LONGER and more controlled to eliminate pre-ignition due to excessive combustion temps.  Now...if everything is correct with the coolant system....either the bike needs to maintain forward momentum to keep air flowing over the radiator as there is no fan, or the engine is being lugged in too high of a gear.  In which case down shifting and actually revving the motor up a little higher will actually bring down the temperature. 

I've seen elevated temps from clogged radiator fins, if its packed full of mud and grit it will cause catastrophic temps. Also if ur doing prolonged riding in high temps I'd consider engine ice or wetter water should help lower your temps some

he should run higher octane gas to keep it cooler

Negative ghost rider..... That is just a myth. Only reason some people think their average motors run cooler on race fuel is because it typically isn't actually burning all the fuel completely. So it won't produce the heat. In turn there is lost power and excessive money spent on something not needed. Motors designed for race fuel will risk running hotter due to added compression and timing. Obviously some race fuels will run cooler due to evaporation rates but that is a completely different subject.

why do you say higher octane fuel is going to cool his motor?  Higher octane fuel actually burns LONGER and more controlled to eliminate pre-ignition due to excessive combustion temps.  Now...if everything is correct with the coolant system....either the bike needs to maintain forward momentum to keep air flowing over the radiator as there is no fan, or the engine is being lugged in too high of a gear.  In which case down shifting and actually revving the motor up a little higher will actually bring down the temperature. 

Negative ghost rider..... That is just a myth. Only reason some people think their average motors run cooler on race fuel is because it typically isn't actually burning all the fuel completely. So it won't produce the heat. In turn there is lost power and excessive money spent on something not needed. Motors designed for race fuel will risk running hotter due to added compression and timing. Obviously some race fuels will run cooler due to evaporation rates but that is a completely different subject.

I think the implication here is that the motor needs higher octane fuel to fight detonation. Detonation will cause a lot more heat than a properly running motor will. So he either needs to re-jet, back out timing, or increase octane.