R2 pipes or..

notsed

ya its sucks, i left him a message on bhq a couple days ago and didnt get a response so i called the number he left in his post about a year ago and left a message. hope he gets back to me, i really like these pipes but i might have to switch to something else.

it just cracked on its own, i notices some oil running down it so i took it off and found this, i traced the crack with a pick so it would be visible in the pic, it goes from one end to the other behind the hanger

IMG151.jpg

ya im not to sure what to do yet, the bike is stripped, i dropped it off for powder today. i kinda want to get some in chrome, wish tom was around id by some new head pipes in chrome. i can do the fix myself just hate to go thru all that trouble for it to crack again

All mounts should have weld pads on them when you're dealing with thin material, the fix would be to cut the mount off, plate the area, and weld the mount to the plate. Vibration, thermal expansion, and thin ga. steel are the key factors here.

Do the repair to both sides, and send the pipes off to get them nickel plated, good as new!

• 1 year later...