Redline Top Lube for methanol applications ?

troyzstang

Any experience with this additive for alcohol applications. I just picked up another 5 gallons for this weekend and the salesman recommended this product. He claimed that using this will eliminate the need for purging. It is supposed to apply a protective coating over aluminum parts that will prevent corrosion when running alcohol.

Please reply if you have any experience with this product.

Thanks,

Troy

Many of the fuels you can buy now have top end lube added to them, M5 for instance has a top end lube in it (as well as other stuff). Multiple other variations of methanol fuels do as well. Generally when you start to get into the fuels with nitroparaphin (sp) or nitro methane additives you will see that they have the top end lube with them. I am of the opinion that these additives are more suited for 4 stroke applications and in our world are going to do nothing other than give one more variable to wonder about when shits not going right. Long story short, I think its useless.