Snakehunt

Crazykane

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is high. Kanes bike sits just as high as mine. If you slam a stock suspension down that hard from 6 feet off the ground it will bottom out.

Quit changing the subject. You guys thay race , jump 40 foot jumps and hillclimb arent scared of coming 3 feet off the ground.

I love dragracing across an MX track , at snakehunt we even had whoops across the first 100 feet and came out of the hole uphill a foot in the first 40'. It was fine for the suspended bikes and made for good races.

Tyler, didnt you shred your ankle not wearing riding boots awhile back?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

No, I don't think so. I always wear riding boots when I hillclimb. My foot slipped off the peg at Red Wing last year and the tire about ripped my leg off. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

When I rode camatv's bike at Snakehunt last year, it came down on me just like CK's bike is in those pictures and it nearly broke my ankle.

That's why I have concern when I see set ups like that. I really don't want to see anyone get hurt.

Those pictures are from a 4th gear wheelie. Probably close to 12 o'clock before I hit the rear brake. When you have a long arm its got you up in the air. I set the bike down hard. Only time my chassis hit the ground. My bike is about 4" high.

Do you have a lot of issues with keeping the front down? Is this your new motor?

This is high. Kanes bike sits just as high as mine. If you slam a stock suspension down that hard from 6 feet off the ground it will bottom out.

Quit changing the subject. You guys thay race , jump 40 foot jumps and hillclimb arent scared of coming 3 feet off the ground.

I love dragracing across an MX track , at snakehunt we even had whoops across the first 100 feet and came out of the hole uphill a foot in the first 40'. It was fine for the suspended bikes and made for good races.

Why are you bringing up stock suspension?

I brought Shayne's Ziggy chassis down from 12 o'clock last year and the Floats barely hit bottom and it was smooth as can be. I'm sure that bike is as long or longer than yours or CK's.

Comparing whoops across the first 100' of the race and whoops across 300-400' is a totally different story. You're talking a difference of 40-50mph most likely.

Dam you are grumpy in your old age Loco. I just said stockish type shocks can bottom out too. Thats all. :)

Yes Dunerider Lotuseater has the red drag raptor thats a fast sob and has the drilled subframe.

I'm never grumpy! I just like to discuss and shit.

24DM? Whaaaaat. What CC is that 800?

Yea, what green bean said...

Its a lonestar +6 single a arm chassis. And the motor is 745cc.

Loco my front tires rarely where on the ground. I sit it down hard on this pass. If you guys have a better set up than everyone else in the sand drag world I will be the first to switch over.

This motor has ran 90mph at Dome valley so it picks up speed a little faster than a average motor whoops become jumps.

Its a lonestar +6 single a arm chassis. And the motor is 745cc.

Loco my front tires rarely where on the ground. I sit it down hard on this pass. If you guys have a better set up than everyone else in the sand drag world I will be the first to switch over.

This motor has ran 90mph at Dome valley so it picks up speed a little faster than a average motor whoops become jumps.

Yea, there's not much you can do with your single arm front end. I would recommend Floats up there, but you're kind of out of luck.

As far as the rear, I too think there are better options, but that's just me.

I've changed a couple things this year so I guess we will see how mine performs at the BHQ ride.