Bought a banshee..now what ?

Alright so this 87 banshee looks pretty good and runs, compression is good but the carbs need a tune up. It has a twist throttle and the TORS are still installed. After looking at it I'd like to get rid of them, what do I have to do ? Also, it's got some odd pipes on it that I'm not to sure of, are these stock or aftermarket ?

post-45368-0-90611400-1363742352.jpg

Go blow it up so we can start talking you into a $2000-$2500 motor build.

Wait....never mind. I see Raptor plastics  :sick:  so your officially on your own.  :bolt:

I didn't buy it cause of the plastics lol. I bought it cause the price was right and so I have something to ride in the summer. Sleds don't like the heat ya know. But seriously, do I need a kit to remove the TORS ? Pretty good with mikuni carbs, just never dealt with these before...

I didn't buy it cause of the plastics lol. I bought it cause the price was right and so I have something to ride in the summer. Sleds don't like the heat ya know. But seriously, do I need a kit to remove the TORS ? Pretty good with mikuni carbs, just never dealt with these before...

Yes, get the delete kit and trash the plastics.

One example of a kit. You will need to install idler screws of you plan on keeping the stock carbs.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-350-BANSHEE-AFTERMARKET-THROTTLE-CABLE-CAPS-/130602594079?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e68856f1f&vxp=mtr

One example of a kit. You will need to install idler screws of you plan on keeping the stock carbs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-350-BANSHEE-AFTERMARKET-THROTTLE-CABLE-CAPS-/130602594079?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e68856f1f&vxp=mtr

Yea so it's like the mikunis on my sled, what a stupid system this TOR thing is. Out of curiosity, what are the size if these carbs ?