What is the jet on the bottom of the exhaust side of stock carbs?

Richmrf

I just picked up a rebuild kit and noticed a jet that looks just like a pilot jet that came with the kit. I know what everything else in the kit is besides that and the O-ring. In the picture u can see the pilot jet, oring, and this other jet. I have rebuilt my carbs many times before but never changed this jet.

I am running 310's and a 32.5 with an aftermarket needle. Do I need to replace this other jet? I can't read the size my carbs had but the kit came with either a 09 or a 60. Depends on how you look at it.

post-45410-13636280833957_thumb.jpg

I had all the work done in Cali for Glamis if the help you know what type of porting and polishing I have,

V force reeds, FMF fatty golds, white brothers boost, the head is milled 50 thousandths, single K&N with stock air box no lid.

Looking at what everyone else has for jets, I was thinking my pilots were a little big. I know my boys in Cali all run 32.5 but now I'm in NJ with more humidity then the desert. What do you think?

I guess no one knows for sure? I have rebuilt my carbs a dozen times and never noticed them until this time when I bought a stock rebuild kit because they didn't have any gaskets for the bowls in stock. I never noticed this jet in the picture with the screwdriver pointing to it, nor have I ever noticed this O ring in the other picture. Anyone? I would like to know before I put the carbs back on tomorrow.

Im pretty sure that the jet in the bell of the carb is just for air, you can control the air flow with size of jets. I know on my stock ported motor i actually pulled those jets completely out. It seemed to help with on off throttle response. Pretty many people i know do/did the same thing with stock carbs

Hmmm....very interesting. Another thing I don't understand is why the stock rebuild kit I bought has a different size then the ones in my carbs now (came in the quad). They should be the same size i would think. We will find out soon enough.

Do you think if it has a hard time coming off idle, (if it bogs) I should try taking them out?

• Like 1

Hmmm....very interesting. Another thing I don't understand is why the stock rebuild kit I bought has a different size then the ones in my carbs now (came in the quad). They should be the same size i would think. We will find out soon enough.

Do you think if it has a hard time coming off idle, (if it bogs) I should try taking them out?

Depending on your mods the stock rebuild kit wont come with whats currently in your bike. Stock is 200m, 25p. If your bike is having a hard time coming off idle, id look into the actual jetting! With your 32.5 pilot your running, id say that is rich! Also maybe try stock needles.(depending on your mods and elevation) i ran stock carbs on a 4mil stock cyl. Dune ported bike and i was using 27.5p