Lots of Newb questions. needing help

Hey guys, I recently purchased a 06 Banshee. The banshee is like new, barely riden. The only kicker is the guy let gas sit in the bike for 2 years or something. The bike has T5s, k&n air filter.

I replaced spark plugs, filter for gas tank, carbs. I did not replace the jets, I just cleaned them as I can't read the numbers off the jets and Toomey won't respond to me.

So here is my questions.

The bike runs solid but bogs down at first throttle. What do you think is the cause of this?

I went WOT through all gears and the bike does fine after takeoff. However a friend tampered with this brass screw on side of carberator and I swear the bike tops out slower now. Seems like I go through gears quicker now. Is this normal?

Also, anyway to find out what jets I should be running with my T5s?

I'd run 27.5 pilots and start with a 280 main.

The brass screw on the side is the air screw. That should be .5-2.5 turns out depending on throttle response.

Dial in your main jet first and then mess with the air screw.

As stated, I am a complete newb. I am going on a trip so trying to get this info in ASAP or else I'd do more research instead of sounding like a dumbass.

What is the pilot? I know what the jet size is. Plus, is their a kit I can buy with a couple jet and pilot sizes?

Btw, I am below sea level.

• 2 weeks later...