override tranny?

bansheefromhell

is there any way to tell if you have an override without splitting the cases. I went for a ride the other day and I buried the tires trying to go up a steep hill and when I let of the throttle I thought my chain came off but it didn't. the tranny felt like it got bond up when I let off the gas. I noticed this before when I was on the street that it felt jerky when I let off the gas until I pulled in the clutch.

If you have been back loading it like that, and if it in fast was an override... I'm sure you'd have some major problems. Sounds to me like your problem is elsewhere...

after it happened the rest of the day I pulled in the clutch every time I let off, it did just fine after that but still was afraid to try to shift at WOT. I do know that it shifts better that any other banshee or atv that I have ever ridden. I have only ran maybe 5 tanks of gas through it since I've owned it so hopefully I haven't damaged it...

Yes, go for a ride, give it hell and try to upshift! If you can upshift without the clutch and under wot.. Then id say you have an override

Mmmmaybe, or he has the same tranny I do. But I don't have any override. But I also don't have his other issues.

really   because i asked who the hell welds shift stars to drums?  that's an honest question.  if someone thinks that overrides have welded on shift stars  whoever did their override was a moron. Or they have been misslead as to what an override should look like.  believe me  i see arrogant assholes all damn day.  i sell autoparts part time in a bad neighborhood.  there are at least 5-10 morons a day that think they know exactilly what they are doing..  and watch way to many YOUtube videos and do to many Google searches..

if yo have to ask if you have an override..  just take the motor out and find out.  if you were screwing around and it jammed in between 2 gears  its most likey a std trans.  if you had backed it off that much during riding it around you possibly would have noticed it poping out of gear or hopping in one gear from the damge done to it..   and really  i dont know to many people on this site at least that have purchased bikes and NOT know anything about them.....  if you take the bottom end apart and take pics of the gears i can tell you if its an override..

sorry bout your luck partner

really because i asked who the hell welds shift stars to drums? that's an honest question. if someone thinks that overrides have welded on shift stars whoever did their override was a moron. Or they have been misslead as to what an override should look like. believe me i see arrogant assholes all damn day. i sell autoparts part time in a bad neighborhood. there are at least 5-10 morons a day that think they know exactilly what they are doing.. and watch way to many YOUtube videos and do to many Google searches..

if yo have to ask if you have an override.. just take the motor out and find out. if you were screwing around and it jammed in between 2 gears its most likey a std trans. if you had backed it off that much during riding it around you possibly would have noticed it poping out of gear or hopping in one gear from the damge done to it.. and really i dont know to many people on this site at least that have purchased bikes and NOT know anything about them..... if you take the bottom end apart and take pics of the gears i can tell you if its an override..

sorry bout your luck partner

Maybe you don't weld them but I have seen it with my own eyes. Wcr "let the bashing begin" does weld shift stars.