USPS

Rustynail

The USPS is an asshole organization with asshole employees working at it.

I agree.

I go into USPS about once a week and the same three employees there are in piss poor moods every single time.

It really is a hassle for them to ring up my 27 packages with no postage on them.

Never in my life heard about him skimming. I just googled it and to be honest the only few references I can find are from conspiracy nuts. Nothing reliable and since there aren't any lawsuits or charges on that one I'm gonna have to call hogshit on it. What he did was wrong in the eyes of the rules. But it's nothing that any of the other top dogs weren't doing. I'm not saying I condone what he did but regardless of him doing roids he has don't a lot for a lot of folks who needed it. This is just like all the big wigs at Kellogg's and Subway bitching about Michael Phelps smoking a joint after winning the Olympics. He trained his ass off won, and was ready to chill out but the media made him out to be some junkie asshole.

Taken from an article "It's not about the lab rats" that painted him as more of a guy building a brand around himself with the donation money, than a person really effecting any research or change.

Here is an excerpt....

IN ONE CASE, ARMSTRONG himself stood to profit from the sale of a major Livestrong asset: its name. Most people are unaware that there are two Livestrong websites. Livestrong.org is the site for the nonprofit Lance Armstrong Foundation, while Livestrong.com is a somewhat similar-looking page that features the same Livestrong logo and design but is actually a for-profit content farm owned by Demand Media. 

In 2008, the foundation licensed the Livestrong brand name to Demand, the online media company behind eHow and Cracked.com, among other properties. Livestrong.com was positioned as a “health, fitness, and wellness community,” offering an online calorie counter, exercise and yoga videos, and articles about such topics as “What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Rejecting Belly Button Rings?”

As compensation for the use of its name, the foundation received about 183,000 shares of stock, which it sold for $3.1 million when the company went public in January 2011. Armstrong also received 156,000 shares of his own as part of a spokesperson agreement. (His agents, Bill Stapleton and Bart Knaggs, also received shares.) After the deal was criticized in the media, Armstrong donated his initial sale proceeds—roughly $1.2 million—to the foundation and said he planned to donate the rest, too.

- See more at: http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/athletes/lance-armstrong/Its-Not-About-the-Lab-Rats.html?page=10#sthash.DwdEPaFg.dpuf

I don't know hardly anything about Lance Armstrong nor do I care, but USPS pisses me right off. I have had the same experience as Loco. The same 2 ladies run the joint and act like babies if you make them do anything. That's not to mention I actually personally know one of them, my god is she a different person at work. They must treat there employees like crap or something :confused: .

Oh yeah and UPS is way faster anyways...

They fucking suck. I only get mail maybe one or twice a week, and chances are the stupid C U Next Tuesday that delivers it usually fucks it up and I get half of my neighbors fucking mail too.

How fucking hard is it? You look at a fucking number on an envelope, the you look at what's on the house or mailbox? Right? I mean, I get it, some dicks don't have numbers and shit on their house, but I figure if you've been delivering mail on the same fucking route for say, more than a year? Chances are, you could figure it out?

And I totally agree with the other posts about the people that sit behind the counter of the post office. Nothing but dicks and cunts (for the most part, some are decent).

/rant.

It's the job guys. Anyone who deals with the public all day gets worn down by it. It's a simple job....but all day you have people making the same small talk that lasts 3 min. Next guy has the same thing to say.

After a while you don't even want to talk to people because you were having a private thought in your head and some fool needs to interrupt it with some chatter about the weather or whatever.

So I can see why they go postal..........but having said that, I've done work in a post office (Fixing the broken A/C) and those women are the biggest bitches EVER!

A/C was out for a total of 10 hours and she called some FEMA department and they were demanding that temporary portable A/C units be brought in! (They can't be required to work in in-humane work conditions)  <_<

I'm like....Hey....I'm working in the same place trying to fix the A/C and you don't see me having a hissy fit.

This gal was trying to visit every federal agency down on my ass just because the A/C broke. FEMA was ready to start fining people if the portable units were not brought in. I told the FEMA guy that I'll have the unit replaced faster than I could go rent units.

The building owner finally told the FEMA guy that "Due to this bullshit....I'm not renewing your lease." Then he told all the other postal employees that the one gals attitude is going to be the reason that postal branch closes, so enjoy loosing your federal jobs! 

See....now you know why people walk into work and start shooting. LMAO

It's the job guys. Anyone who deals with the public all day gets worn down by it. It's a simple job....but all day you have people making the same small talk that lasts 3 min. Next guy has the same thing to say.

After a while you don't even want to talk to people because you were having a private thought in your head and some fool needs to interrupt it with some chatter about the weather or whatever.

So I can see why they go postal..........but having said that, I've done work in a post office (Fixing the broken A/C) and those women are the biggest bitches EVER!

A/C was out for a total of 10 hours and she called some FEMA department and they were demanding that temporary portable A/C units be brought in! (They can't be required to work in in-humane work conditions)  <_<

I'm like....Hey....I'm working in the same place trying to fix the A/C and you don't see me having a hissy fit.

This gal was trying to visit every federal agency down on my ass just because the A/C broke. FEMA was ready to start fining people if the portable units were not brought in. I told the FEMA guy that I'll have the unit replaced faster than I could go rent units.

The building owner finally told the FEMA guy that "Due to this bullshit....I'm not renewing your lease." Then he told all the other postal employees that the one gals attitude is going to be the reason that postal branch closes, so enjoy loosing your federal jobs! 

See....now you know why people walk into work and start shooting. LMAO

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I just about fell out of my chair on that last part.

Whats really funny is how they act when you put the To and From sticker outside the designated area on the box. WOW that pisses them off. I would know I did it a whopping 1 time when I first started shipping packages through them.

best part.....the lady that delivers mail the apartment building my mom manages gets pissed when she pulls up and has to WALK the 30 ft from her mail truck to the wall with all the mail slots.  This bitch get paid $27/hr plus benefits plus pension....and all she does is deliver to apartments.  She actually had the balls to TELL the complex owner that he should literally cut the curb and sidewalks up and move the asphalt driveway closer to the door so she could park less than 10ft away.  And she was dead serious. 

Even better was the fact that she parks right over the painted "no parking" on the asphalt.  Two days after she told the owner this, the tow company that deals with their property saw her parked there with her mail truck.  He pulled in, dropped his boom and walked in to her and told her that if he saw her parked in a no parking zone (which is mandated by the fire department there) that she could walk to the rest of her route as he was going to tow her mail truck.  She yelled back that its tampering with the mail if he did that.  His quote "its not tampering with the mail if I leave it sitting where your truck is bitch"

• 2 weeks later...

USPS rules the earth. I have shitloads of FREE boxes ready to go, quick and easy labels, FREE pickup 6 days a week. I don't have to go anywhere, they have done nothing but awesome for me.

Anyways, ya... Lance... lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...