Help for my wife and her banshee!Please read and respond.

landsey314

My wife has been riding banshee's for years,and last season she hit a jump and landing wrong and the handle bars jerked and shatter her hand in three places.She had to have a screwed put in her hand.Her news been having problems also.

So heres what i need.

The clutch is to stiff for her to pull in,is there and softer springs or ways to cheaply make the clutch easy to pull?

Suspension needs to upgrade for trail riding so its easier on her knees and body,again i don't want to blow a bunch of money so any ideals would be helpful.

If you have and used shocks for a good price let me know to.

Thanks for looking and please if you any ideals let me know.

I tried to get her to sell hers and buy something different but she don't want to get rid of her shee.

Stock springs in the clutch?

Nice to see she fell of the horse and is getting right back on.

Look into a set of works shocks. They pop up here for pretty cheap every now and then.

The hole banshee is stock all around.Rare find now a days.If you come across some shocks let me know.

I haven't rode with an ez-pull but did feel one with heavy springs and it felt nicer then stock springs w/ stock lever

if you don't buy from Dahl I'd like second chance 

take your time deciding though

just a thought , maybe a steering stabilizer or shock absorber stem maybe worth looking into

too much for my cheap buttt though

Clutch: Ultimately a Magura hydraulic clutch with the braided line would be the best bet. The Streamline kit is nice but I've seen a few of them need the master rebuilt. Otherwise you can do a premium Lever like ASV or Wertz. Add a fresh lubed cable and don't over spring the clutch. Steer clear of the Magnum EZ pull. They aren't worth their weight in dog dookie.

You could get over kill and use the ability of a lockup to make that thing like a Honda 450 dirt bike. Yeah it's over kill since the bike doesn't make much power but using super light springs and an ASV while depending on the lock up to do the work makes the lever so soft.

Shocks: Find her used ones. Make sure they aren't for +2 arms though. They pop up on eBay and the for sale section a lot. Maybe have Matt at So Cal rebuild the rear.

Best of luck to you and your wife

Clutch: Ultimately a Magura hydraulic clutch with the braided line would be the best bet. The Streamline kit is nice but I've seen a few of them need the master rebuilt. Otherwise you can do a premium Lever like ASV or Wertz. Add a fresh lubed cable and don't over spring the clutch. Steer clear of the Magnum EZ pull. They aren't worth their weight in dog dookie.

You could get over kill and use the ability of a lockup to make that thing like a Honda 450 dirt bike. Yeah it's over kill since the bike doesn't make much power but using super light springs and an ASV while depending on the lock up to do the work makes the lever so soft.

Shocks: Find her used ones. Make sure they aren't for +2 arms though. They pop up on eBay and the for sale section a lot. Maybe have Matt at So Cal rebuild the rear.

Best of luck to you and your wife

What do you mean by lockup?

There are two styles of lock up. They both use the centrifical force of the clutch's rpm's to apply pressure to the clutch with weight.

The first and most common is the arm style. It goes right on to your stock outer clutch plate. There are fingers on it that you adjust the weight of by adding or subtracting nuts, bolts, and washers. As the rpm's go up the fingers swing out and apply the weight and force to the clutch. you will need a special cover or highly modified stock cover to run this one.

http://directdrivebillet.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/lockoutfrayed.jpg

The other style is called a sling shot. It replaces the clutch pressure plate with a machines unit that has ramps or grooves in it to set ball bearings in. Then you put a cover plate on it to hold the balls in place. As the rpm's climb the balls sling shot outward in the grooves and apply pressure. Thi benefit to the sling shot is that it is fairly easy to set it and forget it. They also fit under the stock cover. In the end it is cheaper the. The finger style.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/mia-shee/slingshot002.jpg

My personal set up:

0D4D1CEE-CC5C-4EFA-9932-594F16B19ACF-290

Move the clutch lever to the right side. It is possible to have the clutch, brake, and thumb throttle on the right. I've seen it done. With a little bit of work, you could probably move the thumb throttle to the left. If you want the front brake on the left, you could probably use a hydraulic clutch master for the front brake. You might also think about a dunable override.