Help for my wife and her banshee!Please read and respond.

landsey314

its an all stock bike and she needs a lockup??

come on man..

i'd say replace the cable ( with OEM and LUBE IT) and use a nice newer lever with the ball bearing in it.  hydraulic's are really only good for their auto adjust.  stay stock on the springs.  if its completely stock and has NEVER been trough in the bottom end  also look at replacing the basket, the boss and the pressure plate. use a better clutch but get NEW OEM BANSHEE springs.  get and use a bearing pusher for the clutch also.  those items can really help with the feel of the clutch..   on a side note  what bars was she running??  if they are the big goofy apehangers i see a lot  and they are twisted way forward they can put your wrists are REALLY bad angles and make riding   a pain in the wrists..   i personally have carpel really bad in both of my wrists and also some early issues with joints and stuff.   the correct bars in the correct place makes all the difference in the world..   raptor 700 bars/ bend is pretty nice really.   or any bar bend with not much pull back  and not 18" high either.. 

i'd also say look for +2 arms, a +4 axle and shocks for the front.  so what if its on stock pipes and bla bla bla.  that should be a fun bike. 

if she is to weak to hold on anymore  seriously look at a SXS.. 

cam.......he said his wife shattered her hand coming down off of a jump.....I can see where her hand would be sore/in pain while riding.  Hell I ripped up my shoulder years ago after a long night of snowmobiling.  And now even after riding only 15 miles, I wake up the next morning and have thought of taking myself back to ER as my shoulder is screaming in pain.  Some things just hurt way more and put strain on the body/bones in different ways. 

But I give your wife credit for not only riding a banshee.....but for wreckin her bike while riding and NOT wanting to sell her bike......sounds like a keeper man.  Photos NOW!

its an all stock bike and she needs a lockup??

come on man..

For the record I wasn't implying she NEEDS the lock up. I Know it is over kill and I posted that. I just brought it up as an alternative.

Me personally, I think that regardless of the power of any bike I own, I would like to put a lock up in it so that I can use the lightest spring/clutch pull possible and still have the clutch do what it needs to.Plus it gives the rider the ability to tune the slip of the clutch to make it come on to the RPM's of where any given motor performs. For instance, guys that are trying to ride high strung motors in the trails. It's almost like tuning a sled clutch to just go in to the revs.

i have a hydro clutch setup. it just needs fluid put into it. brand new line for it.

i would take $125 shipped for it.

I jacked my hand up pretty bad.. lucked out and got a nice arc hydro clutch off ebay for 50 bucks, but wow its butter smooth.. i can easily one finger it now..(no pun intended) 125 is a good deal.. your looking at 2-250 on ebay