Reeds

Ak_grizzly

i know on my set up, a stock port cage with boyesen reeds only made .25-.5hp less than vf2 reeds.

Sorry Zilla, but that doesn't even make sense?...... :huh: How much power does your machine make?

it was 69hp

What is it and what is it breathing thru? (motor size, carbs and pipes, etc)

I won't even bother asking for names. But I have dealt with a set of these on a KTM 300SX and I personally saw an improvement over the VF3's. So for people to assume or just live in the shadows of hearsay is just a bit Un settling for me. I know if they made a difference on one cylinder then it can definitely benefit two. I must of hole shoted that KTM 20/30 times to come up with a reference and I know for a fact that after I swapped the reed set up in that bike there was a huge improvement. The pilot was way lean and I called Eric Gorr about it and he said that it needed a size up and maybe a click on the needle. But the main would stay about the same if there was already good reeds on the previous set up. This was all before they even decided to do banshee stuff with the 4's. It was on my boss' bike at the transmission shop I worked at.

Power claims was the main reason. I was told at the time they were not worth switching from 3's-4's. the jump you were told you would see what not real and all hype. Keep in mind, one of these was a very well known builder. Now I suppose if you already have 3's you're doing something right so their isn't a need to pay for 4's.

I'm running 2's so people say its about the same.