Tires and gearing?

lansingbird

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lansingbird the setup you have shouldnt bog at all with 8 paddles , the problem with going to a +10 or +12 swingarm is then you dont have nearly enough tire. If everything is ok with the motor and electrical system it shouldnt bog. A cub that is rich at all on pilot, needle, or mainjet will bog pretty easily. If I had to guess it would like a little smaller pilot like a 45 or 48 and may be rich on the needle. If you can do plug chops get your brown ring right at the mainjet that is right at nickle to dime thickness. There will be a buncha guys down at snakehunt who can help you. I will be up behind lsps on the hill snakehunt week.

I am off work the whole week of snakehunt and live about 20 miles south of ya if you wanna come down before SH and tune on it. I also have a Chrome Lonestar +10 if you are looking for a 10 over. +10 and 12 extremes is what I ran for years.

Lansingbird the setup you have shouldnt bog at all with 8 paddles , the problem with going to a +10 or +12 swingarm is then you dont have nearly enough tire. If everything is ok with the motor and electrical system it shouldnt bog. A cub that is rich at all on pilot, needle, or mainjet will bog pretty easily. If I had to guess it would like a little smaller pilot like a 45 or 48 and may be rich on the needle. If you can do plug chops get your brown ring right at the mainjet that is right at nickle to dime thickness. There will be a buncha guys down at snakehunt who can help you. I will be up behind lsps on the hill snakehunt week.

I was a 48 pilot and still was rich on my cub. I changed to a 45 pilot and it cleared up my low end bog I was having.