Guys,,,, need ur help on mods!

Master

okay i had a '92 banshee for a few years, i had alot done to it,,, t5's, toomey radiator and a few other stuff done to the engine,,, unfortunately it got stolen a few years back,, now im getting a new banshee which will b the 2004 model, i know how to drive. I just need some help on the mods, i havent been into banshees for the past years so i dunno wats new!

could u guys just gimme some tips and what mods i should do when i get it? I ride on sand dunes and sometimes road, no trailing or forest trailing,,,anyway i would appreciate if anyone could help me...

thanx alot!

Hey bro, i just bought a new 2004 banshee myself and to be honest when i first rode it i wasent immpressed at all. I started asking around on what to do and everybody told me that pipes will wake up the sleeping beast. So i spent the $659.00 including shipping on the new toomey's t6's and boy let me tell you, its a totally different bike. This bike is a true beast now and i'm in love with it. Not only do they look great, sound great, but they woke the beast up..."it's alive"...lol.. I'm very happy with toomey's product and i will recomend it highly. Took me about 4 hrs to install and i fell in love with the pipes the second i started it up. Hope this advice helps you out cause it sure helped me. :D

get pipes and silencers, better airfilter and setup, and radvalves, that will really help with the power.

How did it take you 4hrs to install pipes, i took my stock pipes off and put my fmf pipes and silencers on in less than 30 mins and i also made my stock airfilter basket into a proflow style so i could use my k&n.

heres a list of mods that i would go with.... in this order

Noss machine cool head with domes of your choice,depends on elevtation

since you dont ride anything tight and pretty much open areas may a set of pipes like rocket or cpi's or power pro's,

toomey air filter set up, mines in the mail and i have herd others are very impressed with it compared to stock.

and some suspension to help with the sometimes rough ride of the bike.

yea i was thinking of the same order

but how do i know what domes are best for me and what do u guys reccomend??

im at sea level, a little higher

i was thinking of the trinity stage 4 pipes,,,

then i was thinking of putting the v force rad valves

then a K&N air filter (are they any good?)

then finally a 35mm carb

if u think i shouldnt get any one of these tell me why and wat would b better..

thanx.. :D

wow, thanx for ur reply scott :) yea some of my friends using the CPi pipes say that they like it alot....

what are good aftermarket heads? and domes? whats better, getting a 22c,21cc,20cc?

could some1 plz explain?

thanx guys, i should be getting my banshee next week hopefully..:)

hin hint,,, im gonna need some advice on how to break in the engine properly! :D

Yes if your not going to mill or mill+rechamber your stock head I suggest a Noss head + patriot 20cc gas cut domes. Unless you want to go all out and get a RKT Head for the best possible custom cut domes, money is no object and you don't mind dissassembalingblingblig :) your engine for measurments.

The first thing you should get for a stock banshee is rear tires. These bikes are definitely wheel spinners and you gotta put the power to the ground to really feel the power. Then do something about the airfilter setup, because the stock ones tend to not seal correctly, you could do a pro flo with a k+n which i have in my own banshee. If you're gonna get the single 35, then just get the clamp on k+n with it. That gets rid of the whole airbox and really cleans up the motor and gives you room to work on it. Pipes are the best things you can do for a banshee. The stock ones are very restrictive, you can tell just by looking at them. They loop around and get really small in spots. Good luck with your new banshee. :)

• 2 weeks later...

ok, first get pipes and air filters. for your riding conditions either t5's or cpi's. if your gonna stay stock go w/ t5's. if your gonna get porting, go w/ the cpi's, you'll thank me later. for filters get some k&n's. get the clamp on's so you dont f*ck up like i did and get the big one and then get clamp on's later and now gonna need another set once i get bigger carbs.

you dont need a new head unless your going to do some internal work. get some reeds or port your stock cages. advance the timing. lighten the flywheel, rejet and gear. you will be happy until you get beat by a ported bike.

p.s. dont get t6's, they suck. guy on planetsand just did a dyno of a bunch of pipes and t6's were worse than t5's. in my honest opinion t5's for unported motor and cpi's for modded motor.