Dm cylinders

frog

I have a 465 cub on gas(c-12) and I want to build a 688 dm to run on c-16. The only reason is because one of my friends will be riding a 4 mil DM cylinder (555) and says he is going to beat me. We all trail ride, hill climb and drag race. I know 18 mil is a little out there but if I’m building a DM cylinder bike there is no use building the same as him. Will it overheat when dune and trail riding as I know the DM do not have as much cooling capacity as the cub cylinder.

I know 18 mil is big but if I'm going to build a new engine I want it to be my last .And when I say trail riding it's driving down mine haul roads(almost like dune sand) a little harder.I always wanted to build a DM cylinder bike but if it won't cool down  when riding dunes there is no use building. 

Any of your guys that want to hot-lap your bikes ever thought about a water to water cooling setup?  Get a small aluminum tank of some sort and put a small radiator inside the tank, plumb your coolant lines through the wall of the aluminum tank and into the radiator.  Fill the aluminum tank with ice before you head out to race.  It will take quite a bit to heat the entire system up.  We use the same sort of setup to pre-cool the fuel going into the big sled pulling engines.

-Jared

So if  my friend with the 555 DM motor and I  go riding. All I  have to do is  cruise around  for 15 or 20  minutes and drag him and he will overheat. That's going to be shitty for him. I think I'll let him know about the problem he is going to have. Thanks for the heads up before I spent all that money on my new motor..

• 2 weeks later...