Handle bar gas tank, anyone try it?

it barely holds fuel .6 gallons i wouldnt get it but thats me, now if you want lil extra gas thre is a rear grab bar thats has space for a little gas bin or whatever is called and you just strapp it sown and good to go my .02 cents.

it barely holds fuel .6 gallons i wouldnt get it but thats me, now if you want lil extra gas thre is a rear grab bar thats has space for a little gas bin or whatever is called and you just strapp it sown and good to go my .02 cents.

That .6 gallons might be what u need to get back to the truck.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

That would be the 6 pack rack he was referring to.

As far as the handle bar mount, it's kind of a cool concept, just think I'd rather run an actual tank down low that will hold way more extra fuel then just a half gallon. Although that small tank would get you back to camp, I just don't like the thought of sloshy weight up high.

X2 I thought the Clarke and 4.5 IMS tanks were nice! crazycracker

A buddy of mine put the Clarke 5.5 on his. He lost 50% of his turning radius. He had to put a 6" handlebar riser to get his stock radius back. It looks horrible on the banshee. The IMS 4.0 gallon looks alright. I just found that one tonight. The last IMS I seen was only available in a clear material.

The .6 gallon handlebar tank empties as you create a vacuum in your stock tank. Just plug your vent hose into the tank. I would want to work like a reserve instead of using it up after fill up.

personally I wouldn't trust that thing being hooked up to the vent on my bike.  I get the concept of the vacuum idea to fill the bikes tank....but I don't think I would like the chance for a little piece of plastic to lean out my bike and melt my motor. 

That being said......we are on to something for us long distance trail riders.  How about mounting it up and then filling it with your 2 stroke oil so as you get low on the trails (if you ride where it is legal to pull into gas stations) you don't have to pay the $10 for a 1/2 pint of oil just to realize you don't care for the brand they sell.  Although for almost $100 that's getting pretty expensive. 

Because of that I used 2" pvc and created my own canister using 1 regular glue style butt cap and one screw-on style butt cap.  painted it and used hose clamps to attach it to the frame....a lot of people miss it cause its painted the same Yamaha frame gray.  few people have seen me using It at the gas stations and came up to ask where I bought it.

Jereme