2 into 1 carb?

paradisej

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graydon FTW!

I am really considering a swap like this for my trail bike. If you are running a 33 on your stock bike what size carb would I need for an 80 over 4mm motor. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

An 0.080" over motor isn't gonna require any different fuel delivery system and neither would a 4mm stroker.  I wouldn't run anything over a 35mm carb on most stock cylinder set ups on gas. 

SP

I assumed an extra 50cc worth of displacement would need quite a bit more fuel and air. If I can make it work with a 33 that's great, they seem like they are easy to come across good ones. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The 33 will work, a 35 would be better and depending on the porting and set up, considering what type of riding a 39 may even work.

SP

Again, many twin snowmobile engines much larger then our banshees have done very well on a properly 2/1 intake. The majority of banshee 2/1 intakes have a huge choke point where the air is decided since many of them are designed to be short enough to still use the air box if needed.

Keep in mind a lot of snowmo engines are set up with the belt drive to hold engine rpm close to where max torq is produced, which is generally a lower rpm number. Banshee engines have a trans not a belt drive and in most cases need to utilize the upper rpm range, which is where the 2into1 falls off. Just because it works for one application does not mean it will work in others. It is well proven by quite a few different people in different applications that 2 smaller carbs out-perform 1 single carbs with a 2into1 intake system.

Jared

If you are serious about the swap, do it with an old 440 exciter manifold. Takes a little modding but it's like a single plane manifold for your big block. It works, but it requires a 39mm carb or bigger.

Any info on what kind of modding this exciter intake needs to fit cylinders?

This the same one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/71-YAMAHA-SS433-EXCITER-440-AUTOLUBE-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-/110893765502?pt=Snowmobile_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d1c8937e